Recent content by WFire

1. W

Redsea Max C250 for Sale

If you require pictures you can search under my user name and I have a thread about my new Redsea Max C250.
  2. W

Redsea Max C250 for Sale

Redsea Max C250 for sale in the Toronto region. 3 months old. Great condition! Comes with all equipment livestock and accessories. Live rock, sand, snails, crabs, 3 different shrimp, and some coral. ATU, 2 extra heaters, pumps, mp10w, fluval 12 gallon quarantine tank, buckets, extra salt...
  3. W

WFire's New RSM C250!

Anyone have a good recommendation for a cheap filter for a quarantine tank?
  4. W

WFire's New RSM C250!

I think that was how many times a week I was doing it when I had my nano. I just never had this much before, and I'm amazed at how fast it comes back! :eek:
  5. W

WFire's New RSM C250!

I actually have a flipper which works very well! I'm just surprised at how fast this haze comes back. I've never had this problem before. I'm assuming as the tank matures this will go away.
  6. W

WFire's New RSM C250!

I'm starting to get a green haze all over the glass of my tank. I'm assuming this is some sort of algae. Should I be concerned? Is this normal for a new setup? Is there anything I should be doing? :dunno:
  7. W

WFire's New RSM C250!

Sorry when I say better I just mean some lighting will work, but won't maximize your corals growth. I find that the T5's are great, and I really like them, and I see the growth and health of my corals, but is there better? :D Thanks for all the help by the way! :biggrin:
  8. W

WFire's New RSM C250!

The filter floss I have pick up a lot of crud, but the water itself has a lot of crud floating on the top. I feel like its not normal. I'm just trying to determine if my filtration is doing it's job. Especially the skimmer. Never had a skimmer before and sometimes it's full of dirty water...
  9. W

WFire's New RSM C250!

I just have a quick question. In the rear sump area the water is very dirty. Is this normal? Should the filtration be getting that stuff? If its not normal what do I need to do to fix it? :dunno:
  10. W

WFire's New RSM C250!

I'm assuming they're better than the stock T5's? I don't think I'm ready to spend that money just yet, but I eventually want to go LED. Plus if I wait long enough maybe Redsea will have an LED retrofit for the C250. :biggrin2:
  11. W

WFire's New RSM C250!

I personally like the sound as well! :bounce: Did you do a mod on your lights? I've read a bit about "Steve's LED's" and was wondering if they're any good? A lot of people seem to like them.
  12. W

WFire's New RSM C250!

I love this tank! My wife thinks its noisy but she's not too excited yet about my new hobby, so I think she's over exaggerating. :( I personally don't notice the noise at all anymore. There is a bit of noise though. Mainly the fans. I'm still trying to figure out the skimmer and which setting...
  13. W

WFire's New RSM C250!

Thanks for the info! I'll have a read. I'm terrible with navigating these sites so I really appreciate you sending me all this info! :biggrin2:
  14. W

WFire's New RSM C250!

I've just set up a QT tank for any future additions to the tank, and I've been doing some reading on the topic. What I've read in multiple places is to "medicate" the livestock to ensure a healthy specimen. Is this something that needs to be done, or is the 4-6 weeks of strictly quarantine...
  15. W

WFire's New RSM C250!

Thanks! I'm very lucky that it turned out that way on the first try! I spent longer on my nano aquascape...lol! :p I was seriously considering one of those two tangs. A lot of people don't think tangs should go in a tank this size, yet I see lots of people that do have them. I think for me if...