Recent content by Warnberg

1. Warnberg

100+ tiny snails materializing out of thin air... er... water

If those are the one's no worries, they are good for the tank, part of the cleanup crew... the only issue with them is they are small, stay small and can get into powerheads, pumps, etc....
  2. Warnberg

OT: Impossible question

looking for lost keys, license, insurance card....
  3. Warnberg

100+ tiny snails materializing out of thin air... er... water

Probably collonista snails Do they look like this? http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/569/52330Snail-med.jpg Sorry... try this link Collonista sp. (Easy) - Project DIBS Forums
  4. Warnberg

No sick fish ick medicine

Hyposalinity treatment is the lowering of the salinity to match the fishes actual internal salinity (1.009), this should only be done with a refractometer to measure salinity (swing arm type are not accurate enough). Snails, shrimp, crabs, any invert or corals should never be treated with this...
  5. Warnberg

MH or T5HO ?

Personally, I have used both T5's and MH's. I'm not going to get into a long speech about the benefits or drawbacks of each. I'm just going to say that if I had to do it all over again I would have started off and stuck with MH's.
  6. Warnberg

salinity

1.026 or 35 ppt is fine. What are you using to test your salinity with? When water evaps from the tank what are you topping off with?
  7. Warnberg

Regrettable Announcement

Sorry all, I appreciate all your kind words and I am sure someday I will be back. I will definitely hang out from time to time to see what your all up to.
  8. Warnberg

Regrettable Announcement

Thank you Doni, I will try to pop in from time to time....
  9. Warnberg

Regrettable Announcement

I have finally come to the conclusion with three kids in their teens and just about to start collage that I will have to step out of my hobby for a few years for financial reasons. It has been a pleasure conversing with you all, the knowledge on this forum is second to none and I will miss...
  10. Warnberg

Buying the Best RO/DI (help put all the info in 1 place)

It really depends on where you live, some places you can get away with very little filtration some you will need lots. It's best really to talk to someone that can build a unit spacific to your water and tank needs. I personally would talk to someone at Air Water and Ice or The Filter Guys.
  11. Warnberg

Assistance Needed In Understanding Sanjay's Reef Light Pages

Be careful with that bulb and ballast combo, it is very high in par which I found some corals do not like. Personally I like the reeflux 10K bulb better, it's not as yellow looking as the XM 10K bulb and my corals seem to be much happier. However IF you have a deep tank (30" or more) the XM...
  12. Warnberg

plate coral question

Plates are hard to keep, keep an eye on ALL your parms.
  13. Warnberg

Culture station and info

I had a few make it for a few days, but I have decided to wait until the parents take a clutch to hatch before attempting again.
  14. Warnberg

Fire Worm, I think...

No worries, I have both of those types in my tank and no issues. They do get everywhere and they do a nice job of cleaning up.
  15. Warnberg

New Hitch hiker, what is it?

It came in on Fiji rock if that helps.