Recent content by vdf8ball

1. V

LED Lighting

Greetings all, I've had a halide lighting system for 3 years now and all is well, life is good within the display. I believe I have a balast that has blown because one of my actinic bulbs is out and there is a smell of something burnt out noticeable upon entering the room. Since it's also...
  2. V

Mantis Shrimp Help!!

Well welcome to my world. I started my reef 2 years ago with some beautiful live rock from TBS. About 2 days later I started hearing the clicking noises of several mantis shrimps. I wasn't sure what to do and although many suggested to remove them, I left them in because I just didn't want to...
  3. V

Can you ID theses?

I've seen these in my system off and on for a while. They are usually on the back wall but today I found one on the front glass. Any ideas on what they are?
  4. V

Virgil's 125 Gallon Dream Reef

Greetings All, I've seen these things in my system off and on for a while. Usually on the back wall but today I found one one the front glass on his way up I guess. Anyvbody got any ideas on what these are? They look like sand colored little star fish.
  5. V

Thank you very much for your encouragement ;-)
  6. V

Thanks for the input. Sounds like I can continue to enjoy these guys with less concern over that issue as I was hoping that would be the case (everything I've heard dealt with them cracking glass tanks). While I hear them daily, it's really cool to see them the odd times that I do. Really smart...
  7. V

Thank you Midas........I've got a lot of work to do though (as you can see) ;-)
  8. V

Thank you............I have a concern about that. Has that happened to acrylic tanks as well do you know? Between the 3 I've seen, the biggest is about 2.5 inches long. I managed to catch one of them and put him in the fuge for now.
  9. V

I've already forgot the name of this guy but I like a lot This is the latest FTS
  10. V

This is the LG Mini-split air conditioning unit that's keeping the room tolerable and I'm a happy camper now ;-) It's a pretty cool system, small but powerful and it doesn't take up much space
  11. V

This is the right side This is the left side. These photos are about a month old though because I've yet to get a recent FTS. I've decided to step my game up and try something a little more delicate than the Button Polyups and found this Yellow Flower Pot too pretty to leave in...
  12. V

I ended up putting a couple of turbo snails in and they did the job in a couple of hours. It's been clean ever siince and I do absolutely nothing to it.
  13. V

Hi Chris, it's your long lost cycling friend who also has a reef system ;-) Yeah it's been a while and I apologize for ailienating everyone these past few months but I have to admit to being a little discouraged with my heat problem I was having in the aquarium room. My tank temp sometimes got...
  14. V

One day Chris, I'll have a tank as well stocked as yours and Juan's. I don't think I'll get many more fish though........I'm really wanting a Mandarin Goby so I can hardly wait unti the system (including refugium) matures to the point where I can add him with the confidence that he'll have...
  15. V

Thanks Juan........I'm still looking into the air exchanger vs conditioner but it sounds like the exchanger would work for the entire house rather than the 25 x 25 foot room attached to my detached garage. I'm leaning more towards the conditioner because I'd need to cool the room during summer...