Recent content by tystank

1. tystank

Martin's RSM C-130

2. tystank

Martin's RSM C-130

Things are ok thanks for asking,still going slowly slowly and still reading all I can to try and understand this great but truly frustrating hobby.I have been trying to get rid of the xenia in my tank as it seems to have a mind of it's own and I just want it gone.When I first started I liked it...
  3. tystank

Martin's RSM C-130

Hello mate it's been a while and I'm sorry to see you are having such a mare with the tank.I've read through the thread and your looking in a much better place now than you were so fingers crossed you have turned a corner.By the way the inhabitants of your tank look lovely and I think it would...
  4. tystank

iDip vs Hanna vs other Water Testing equipment

All my test kits are Salifert and I find them ok and my readings are pretty constant,but on the couple of occasions when my Nitrates have been a little high I retest them.I think that is the key,if the test is a fraction out and is still within the parameters thats fine,but miles out is a...
  5. tystank

iDip vs Hanna vs other Water Testing equipment

I have read a few articles on different test kits etc and one was on the idip and was in Reef Builders.They said the test varied between 7%-10% but the Nitrate was infact 15% out.I think for that amount of money I would want something a little closer to the mark as your Red Sea must be within...
  6. tystank

GlennF's reefing heaven!

Thanks for the pics they really are wonderful.I'm sure when I have a difficult time and my patience is running a little thin I will look back at them for a little motivation.....touch wood though all is going well at the moment and I'm enjoying it immensely. I have looked at your website and am...
  7. tystank

GlennF's reefing heaven!

Hi Glenn I am new to the hobby and this forum but while off sick today I have read your entire thread from start to finish...all 34 pages.It is amazing to see what can be achieved with patience and dedication and may I say you are an inspiration to us all.I have enjoyed the pictures and...
  8. Sight_2015_09_27_204924_737

Sight_2015_09_27_204924_737

9. tystank

Greeting from Cheeseshire

Hi from the south east
  10. tystank

RSM 130 Upgrades

Hiya,it's not going too badly thanks and I am enjoying it immensely.I have taken a photo of my tank but could you explain how I get it on the site? Currently it is on my phone
  11. tystank

What should I put in my refugium?

As you say I'm going to keep it simple but still want something visual that is appealing and at the same time gives me the time to learn slowly and understand whats going on in my tank.I intend to run this for a year and in that time learn as much as I can only then do I think I'll have enough...
  12. tystank

Thanks...some people say to put a CUC in also but does it vary on what is in the DT
  13. tystank

Hi Everyone! I am planning to put a sump and refugium in my RSM 130 and was wondering what was the best thing to put in the refugium.As I am a beginner I don't want to get too carried away and so will go nice and steady,stocking it as a reef tank with corals and some fish. As I said I want...
  14. tystank

Common Diseases Found In Reef Tanks

I've been reading the nightmare you got with alae and that is something I don't want.I feel for you mate.