Recent content by tundra420619

1. tundra420619

Getting back into it!

I began this hobby with a RSM130, that was a good tank. I got addicted and upgraded to a 150g mixed reef tank in about 2yrs. So I've done both, the all in one and custom route. Right now, space is an issue so I decided the RSM 170 is about the size I can fit. I plan to start with some LPS...
  2. tundra420619

Getting back into it!

have been out of reef keeping for about 8 yrs, a lot has changed. I'm looking into a red sea max 170. Any suggestions for this route?
  3. tundra420619

can i get a ID

4. tundra420619

reactor advice

i need a lil help. i have a 140g mixed reef(not so mixed yet but hope to be soon). i am still getting things dialed in and wanted advice on my reactor setup. i have 2 tlf phosban reactor 1-150 and 1-550. what should i use them for? obviously one will have phosban, which one? and what should...
  5. tundra420619

How many tangs?

4 tangs is looking to be like too many. anybody else?
  6. tundra420619

How many tangs?

How many tangs do you have? What are they? How big is your tank and dimensions? i have 3 tangs (blue,naso and kole) all juveniles about 3" tops my tank is 48x30x24 145gallons. i would like to add another but dont want to overcrowd these guys, i was wanting to get a feel for what...
  7. tundra420619

Protein Skimmer upgrades for RSM 130

Hey Syn- im with StevieT, give it a week or 2 and then see where u r at. looks good. Steve- i bough that rack a long time ago planning to upgrade to the tunze, but never got around to it.
  8. tundra420619

how did this happen?

thanks for the replies. its actually not mine, i posted for a friend. he says he acclimated for an hour and a half. i had no idea they could be that sensitive. Reefmack- i sold my seamax to a buddy its his linkia. but i still check the seamax group, you guys are awesome.
  9. tundra420619

how did this happen?

what could have caused this? livestock is 2 clowns, 1 firefish, 1 six line wrasse, watchman goby and pistol with various snails and hermits.
  10. tundra420619

Digital thermometer

unfortunately this did happen to me, i have a merc in my sump now and will never rely soley on the digi. i think with temp being such a vital paramater its worth having both.
  11. tundra420619

Digital thermometer

Digi's are garbage, even the most expensive. mack is right go mercury.
  12. tundra420619

i have worms

i have bristle worms what should i do?
  13. tundra420619

adding chaeto to skimmer cup

pretty cool idea Al. how do you pronounce it again? just kiddin Al. i dont think in the RSM cup you will get much pod growth, its prolly stuck to your media.
  14. tundra420619

just like that. my cup is full though. do you guys think there is a significant benefit to running this?
  15. tundra420619

has anybody added chaeto to the RSM upgrade surface skimmer cup? do you think there could be any benefit? obviously no pods but maybe removal of nutrients?