Recent content by TomV

1. TomV

A BUNCH of critters and corals arriving tomorrow.. Acclimation?

That sounds like a neat way of doing the acclimation, Jeremy! It will be interesting to see it in action.
  2. TomV

Well, I just got finished setting up my drip systems... Hopefully everything comes in within the next hour. Gonna be an interesting afternoon! LOL!
  3. TomV

I would think that while the warm water from your tank is dripping, it takes a while for the whole volume to cool down.. I plan to drip for an hour or two. Hopefully that will be enough. Astarea snails have always been tough for me with a lot of die off before because I didn't drip.
  4. TomV

Thanks to my friend Dana (at Dana's Caribbean Critters), I have this list of critters and corals coming in tomorow: 10 Nassarius Snails 10 Turbo Grazer Snails (Astaria) 50 Blue Leg Hermits 1 Serpent Starfish 1 Coral Banded Shrimp 1 Sally Lightfoot Crab 1 Corky Sea Finger Gorgonia 1...
  5. TomV

Finally bringing my reef back from being a messy FOWLR. Questions..

I'll probably end up buying a Un-interruptible Power Supply first and then a Generator sometime in the Fall. Our power outages aren't long in the Spring and Summer if and when they happen. But Winter, if one happens, it's at least a day. So, I would need the extra juice for the Heaters AND the...
  6. TomV

I think I may be able to manage 5 gallons a week for a water change. It may not be perfect. But, it's better than nothing. Right?
  7. TomV

Hi Chris, I have a Python that reaches downstairs. I could buy another length to get it to the bathroom sink, where I plan to hook up a RO/DI system when I eventually get one. So, I could probably send the RO/DI water upstairs from the Python via a pump to a holding tank. There, I could mix the...
  8. TomV

Hey Frankie! Thanks, bud! Varga: How small in a 55g? Something like 2 gallons every other day or something? That would be kind of odd, though because my saltwater evaporates nearly a gallon a day..... I guess I better buy extra RO/DI water till I get my own filter. It's 68 cents a gallon...
  9. TomV

Thanks for the welcome! So, you're saying I don't have to feed the corals anything really? I still have some "Reef Chili" which has lots of vitamins, no phosphates or nitrates, and different kinds of coral foods within. I guess I'll use that. I used it before with good results. My filter...
  10. TomV

Yeah, I know I said this before. I did try to bring the tanks back to life over the Winter... but the power outages killed off my fish and corals again... :(
  11. TomV

After power outages and disasters related to them, I really got burned out and discouraged. It seemed I lost fish every time we had a power outage and they always happened in the middle of Winter! :snow: So, after picking up some battery operated pumps and now that the Spring is here, I've...
  12. TomV

WTB: Shrooms, Shrooms and more Shrooms!

Hi folks.. announcement here. Thanks for the help getting me connected with people with shrooms, but I have to put off the order and the request for now. Yesterday, our car was involved in a side-impact collision. Luckily, our Ford Focus is made really well, because no one got hurt, THANK GOD...
  13. TomV

Wow! Quite a collection in there! Sounds pretty nice! Any recent pics of it?
  14. TomV

I will be buying around the 15th of the month. PM me some pics of what you have or post. This week got tied up with a big Clean Up Crew purchase from a diver friend of mine I know in Florida. She's shipping me a bunch at a huge discount. So, I couldn't pass it up. But, I WILL be buying on...