Recent content by tmc

1. T

my ravens avatar is gone. did the mods delete it because they are playing crappy, or because i haven't been around much. j/k can i get it back? thanks tmc
  2. T

stumped

just added some phosban, hope this does the trick. i will keep up my water changes, it gives me an excuse to play with my tank for the girlfriend any way. i'll let you guys know how it ends up. tmc
  3. T

stumped

flow is about 25 times, aqua c remora with mag 3 skimmer, feeding every 2-3 days just a little. water changes are weekly and phosphates are 0 thanks cheeks tmc
  4. T

stumped

since going barebottom about 4 months ago all my water parameters are dead on. calcium 420 alk 10 phos. 0 trates <10 ph 8.2-8.3 new light bulbs and weekly water changes (25%) with a moderate bio-load the problem is a bunch of different types of algae. cyno, bubble, hair, and...
  5. T

A New Coral For Me !

looks nice, i accidently sucked up a piece of my torch in my new canister vac when cleaning the tank, i should really pay more attention. it is starting to grow back and it never really affected the rest of it. tmc
  6. T

reef vacuum for Bare bottom

had the same problem a few weeks ago and i purchased the magnum 350 deluxe. on use it acouple of times but it works good. a little bit of trouble to set up and clean after every use but thats only every couple weeks. i think i am just getting lazy :) tmc
  7. T

ever finished?

is their ever a time when you think you are finished adding corals, equipment, or fish. then start buying other things to make your system better. only been reefing a short time, but i can't see the end of the tunnel. as soon as i think i have everything i could ever need i find myself ordering...
  8. T

Switching Again?

i just recently switched from IO to reef crystals because i thought the IO was causing my high alk problems. since then the alk has settled at 9 and the coraline is at a non stop growth rate :thumbup: . im not putting down the IO it just wasn't right for me anymore. tmc
  9. T

My new ones

sweet, i hope to be down that road in a short time. tmc
  10. T

Jumping in head first

welcome, if you are used to spending $50/month on this hobby then you will go a long way in the salt water world. :D good luck, you are in the best place you could be to learn this hobby. the mods are great and everyone is friendly. tmc
  11. T

Coralline Algae Help!!!!!!!!

i had this too and was told that it was a sponge. maybe this is the same thing hope this is some help. tmc
  12. T

canister filter

magnum it is then, let you know how it works out tmc
  13. T

Painting the back glass...

i used regular paint for walls and it works pretty well. the guy at the store rol me i had to primor the glass first to make the paint stick better. so i put on the primor and waited till it dried then painted blue only to realize that the blue was on the wrong side of the glass. :smck: all i...
  14. T

NFL~Monday Night

chiefs 50pts. this is harder than i thought. tmc
  15. T

canister filter

my python is not cutting it anymore. since going barebottom i am having trouble cleaning the bottom of my tank. thinking of getting a canister filter just for this purpose. any recommendations. also i would like to go as cheap as i can tmc