Recent content by theskunk

1. theskunk

Unidentified White Coral

once again another lfs store employee giving the rest of us a bad name im sorry for the loss
  2. theskunk

New here. Hello

welcome to the place to be
  3. theskunk

electric shock

amps volts it dosnt really matter its all dangerous and is hurting your livestock and could potentially kill you so find whats causing it and get rid of it!!!! water electricity bad
  4. theskunk

I lost my Powder Brown Tang

first off im sorry to hear about your loss, and second im sorry to hear about the bad info from your lfs,as i work at a lfs. i have found that people tend to make things up if they dont know the answer so they dont look stupid. i myself am of the opinion that if you dont know the answer be...
  5. theskunk

new tank project

any opinions on bulbs? need some help please?
  6. theskunk

Hello

welcome
  7. theskunk

new tank project

seance i am doing diy t-5 hood and this is my first experience with t-5s are there any suggestions on bulbs, ballasts, reflectors and i think i am going to go with 6 bulbs instead of 4 the plan is to use workhorse ballasts icecap slr reflectors and icecap end caps as it will be a mixed reef...
  8. theskunk

Can you ID this?

i like it a lot Ive never seen anything like it
  9. theskunk

magnesium?

that could explain why its low, unfortunately i can not change salts so i am just going to have to continue to dose mg im glad i just picked up 12 50lb bags of mag flake
  10. theskunk

August '09 POTM Contest~

as i work at a lfs would i be able to submit a pic from my store my boss and i built the entire store from the ground up and could take some very cool pics of my plumbing nightmare
  11. theskunk

new tank project

the guy im buying the tank from ordered it from my shop i actually built and installed the overflow
  12. theskunk

new tank project

here is the tank
  13. theskunk

magnesium?

i was shocked when i found that it was that low. i have had some real problems with this system not doing well lately and am currently working on a 1000g water change reservoir consisting of 4 250g barrels which should be done by the end of next week the salt we use is crystal sea which i...
  14. theskunk

Finally decided to ask.

it does look kinda like a pocilliopora
  15. theskunk

magnesium?

i am positive it is that low i have never added mg i tested twice today and was able to raise the mg 100ppm by adding 5g of diy mg supplement so now im up to 820ppm see this is a series of tubs and tanks at a lfs it is my coral system the system tests at sg 1.024 ca 450 alk 3.43 i dose a two...