Recent content by thearnley

1. thearnley

Building new sump - which section for a Zeovit reactor??

Thanks for the info. Sweet work! I think I know what I have to do.
  2. thearnley

Building new sump - which section for a Zeovit reactor??

I'm building a new sump for my 220 gallon reef out of a 150 gallon glass tank (72" x 18" x 29") with an external pump. The 1st section will be the drain and skimmer section. I also plan to have a section filled with live rock (no lights). I'm currently researching and thinking about moving to...
  3. thearnley

What kind/size air pump to buy??

I'm planning to set up a couple 2-3 gallon clownfish fry grow-out tanks and do some plankton and rotifer culturing - maybe 8 outlets total. I need to know what kind and size air pump to provide the appropriate aeration. Can someone give me suggestions? I've never used any air pumps before...
  4. thearnley

Collecting Trip March 20-25 Tampa to Florida Keys

Don't touch a damn thing! It's illegal! Leave it how you find it.
  5. thearnley

Let's hear from folks who have experience with Sally Lightfoots...

I've had my sally for over 2 years - have never had any problem. Have housed it with a nem, SPS, LPS, softies and several reef fish, all with no problems. Always seems to be busy picking at something but has never harmed anything at all.
  6. thearnley

Looking for chaeto

Got gobs of it - where you located? Just pay for shipping and you're welcome to a big bag full.
  7. thearnley

Anemone sucked up into k3. what do i do

I have a long tent. anenome that has been inside a k4 twice - last time was over a year ago - each time it took only a week or so for it to get back to its original beauty. Looked like death when it happened, but with a little care it came back each time.
  8. thearnley

Snorkling and Diving the Great Barrier Reef

Re: Snorkling and Diving the Grat Barrier Reef. I need a new word for jealous because it's just not cutting it. FANTASTIC photos! I would just want to grow gills and stay down there.
  9. thearnley

29g Crash Course

Welcome! You may want to refrain from using the word 'crash' though. Could bring bad luck. :laughroll
  10. thearnley

It's 1:00 AM and I Just Caught a Bobbit Worm!

Awwwww......how cute! Makes you just want to cuddle with it. :barf: I had a eunicid worm almost 3 feet long a year ago. Had to tear apart my tank and bust up a huge beautiful piece of live rock to get the complete worm out - after he racked up quite a death toll!
  11. thearnley

Getting my Aqua Medic SP3000 to work :( HOW?

Ok, I'm at a loss. I'm trying to get my dosing pump to work but I can't get a drop to come through it. I'm trying to use it with a kalk reactor but I can't even get it to pump a drop with just hose and a bucket. Is there a trick to getting it to start or what? :help1: