Recent content by swezey

1. S

Protein Skimmer Recomendations

Does anyone have any experience with the Terminator II protein skimmer? If you don;t know which one I mean, look here: or here... I looked but no one has reviewd this unit yet. I'd be interested in any other good skimmer reccomendations. My tank is 180 gals. and I'd like to get into...
  2. S

OK - Ready for more Help...

Woodstock, Thanks! I got a chart of water parameters someplace - maybe the liveaquaria.com website? Anyway, for a reef (which is where I'm trying to go) the suggested temp was 72 - 78 F so I figured I was almost right smack in the middle! I was so proud of the temp... :bouncer: Anyway...
  3. S

Craig, Thanks for your reply. The funny thing is there WAS a clown and an anemone in there when I bought the tank. The guys that moved it to my place and reset it back up said they didnt see the anemone. It was never seen again. The clown died less than a week after the tank got set up at...
  4. S

OK well... first of all, let me say "thanks" for all the great advice and comments! It's nice to know I'm not alone in this adevnture!:thumber: Secondly, let me apologise for not being on lately. Been swamped at work and, well, the fish are lucky they are beeing fed, let alone getting...
  5. S

I love RS

Awwww.....:clink: :clink:
  6. S

Chris, Well - good question. I have "bags" of I guess charcoal in the bottom of the sump. Is this bio filtration? I suppose there is stuff living in the rock too - how can I know? The guy I got the tank from was a rich older gentleman and didn't seem to know too much about the tank - he...
  7. S

Luey, No the tank is not a new setup - the guy I got it from siad it had been running 8 years. He said it was LR but I'm not so sure. I do have nice little patches of fuzzy red and green algae. But that has grown since I moved the tank. I saved all the water he had also. My setup uses an...
  8. S

Re: OK - Ready for more Help... Updated with Pics! OK well here is an update. I decided I couldn't wait and added my T-5 fixtures. I went from 4 30W GE Aqua Rays (T-8) which are 9325K and 2 30W Interpet T-8 Tritons (180 watts total) to 4 54W T-5 10K daylights and 4 54W T-5 460nm actinics (432...
  9. After Light Change

After Light Change

These are shots of the tank with the NEW lighting with the actinics turned OFF (10K lights only).
  10. After Light Change

After Light Change

These are shots of the tank with the NEW lighting with the actinics turned OFF (10K lights only).
  11. After Light Change

After Light Change

12. After Light Change

After Light Change

13. After Light Change

After Light Change

14. After Light Change

After Light Change

These are shots of the tank with the NEW lighting.
  15. After Light Change

After Light Change

These are shots of the tank with the NEW lighting.