Recent content by StirCrayzy

1. StirCrayzy

PSU’s Peninsula

Surprised your LFS wont let you buy them and watch there for a week to make sure. I am assuming youre a Preferred customer and all . Most of ours around town here will do that for us non-noobs, i figured that was typical for folks they trust.
  2. StirCrayzy

PSU’s Peninsula

3. StirCrayzy

Back at it with the RSM250

Its been pretty slow around here lately, i check in here and there and always hoping to see some action, but alas ... here we are... My tank has always been pretty ugly but healthy, so i can relate to the struggle. Im never looking to get a super clean tank for that reason, but had it lookin...
  4. StirCrayzy

A Picture A Day......

sign of a dying urchin. He lasted a month pushing his spines together before falling off the glass, mouth up.
  5. StirCrayzy

120 gallon 4ft over 150 gallon tank easier to light

DIY is pretty simple., but if you have extra $$ i would go with manufactured just because you usually get a lot more details built in. Especially if you have plans for dosing, or probes etc... Bigger is better either way, as long as it fits your space.
  6. StirCrayzy

Inflation Fears - what do you stock up on?

To me, cost of inflation is much more tolerable than not being able to get a critical component right away. Ive bought an extra return pump, RODI filters and carbon when the supply chain delays started last year. Im down to about 2 water changes per year, and reusable foam filters in the sump so...
  7. StirCrayzy

120 gallon 4ft over 150 gallon tank easier to light

Maybe just personal preference but i would push the majority of the flow into the protein skimmer section and place the return after that. You could minimize the flow through the refugium and then divert into the return.
  8. StirCrayzy

PSU’s Peninsula

Ive got about 1/3 gal of the TechM left that im saving for an emergency. Hope it doesnt go bad?
  9. StirCrayzy

Blue's 180 Mixed Reef

Please do elaborate! I love new options
  10. StirCrayzy

PSU’s Peninsula

I use salifert mg kit. Dont think it has any issues. I did an intentional Mg overdose a while back and double checked the test kit to the posted values of RC salt and seemed to line up so i didnt doubt my test results.
  11. StirCrayzy

Blue's 180 Mixed Reef

Why not just glue up your own low iron panels like @glennf did
  12. StirCrayzy

Blue's 180 Mixed Reef

I like the drywall install part, but yes the mud/ sanding is basically hell on earth.
  13. StirCrayzy

Josh's SuperReef 65

Nope i got those back in 2018 (maybe) from a guy i work with to babysit while hes between tanks. Theres plenty though if ya want 1
  14. StirCrayzy

Josh's SuperReef 65

I know, Im really struggling with Flickr as a replacement for photobucket. Heres a vid of my fat mama clown beating up my new YWG. The clowns posing with the arrow crab.