Recent content by StevesLEDs

1. StevesLEDs

Steve’s LEDs are melting my hood

We received your email Lishan and I got a reply out to you. This is an issue that has been known to happen. It happens right over the hyper violet LEDs that are in the Iridescent Booster upgrade. That LED color is a bit sensitive to having salt residue on the splash guard, which causes the...
  2. StevesLEDs

HELP! Steve's LEDs acting strange

Sounds like you have it plugged in towards the front, It should be plugged in towards the back. That should get you up and running! Jeff
  3. StevesLEDs

HELP! Steves LEDs Install - Biocube 32

Tony, Apologies regarding the delay in getting back with you. As we discussed on the phone this morning, we'll get it taken care of immediately, no worries. Thanks @DaveK for the heads up! Jeff
  4. StevesLEDs

Hi everyone Question about Steve’s Led’s

Radcon, Thanks for contacting us here. We are definitely still in business (doing GREAT by the way). The issue is that we are in Spring Break this week, and since we don't get time off for any other holiday such as Christmas/Thanksgiving, we take our family vacations when our kids are on break...
  5. StevesLEDs

HELP! Steve’s LEDs HurricaneX controller settings

Glad to help! The most suitable settings depends on the LED system you have, the size of the tank that it is over, and the settings you had prior to upgrading controllers. Without that info, I can provide some general guidance, but it won't be as helpful as if I get to know the details. Feel...
  6. StevesLEDs

Regrowing the Great Barrier Reef with electricity

Looks like they are using the electricity for something similar to electrodeposition. The electro-accumulation causes the steel to calcify on the exterior (mechanical mineral accretion?), providing a more suitable surface for baby coral to latch on to. Then, the buildup continues after the...
  7. StevesLEDs

Scott’s new (to me) RSM 130

It's looking good! Man the postal service was rough on your box. I suppose they got angry at the fragile stickers on it? Glad all is well! -Jeff
  8. StevesLEDs

HELP! Is my coral dying?

It looks like it is on it's way out. Of course, it's been a personal sub-hobby of mine to purchase dying corals from the fish store at a discount, recover them, and trade them back in 9 months later at far more than what I paid for. The worst think you can do is to blast it with too much...
  9. StevesLEDs

PH - Chase or Not

Consistency is key, no need to fix it until it breaks. I have been using Mrs Wage's Pickling lime since 2006 with excellent stability and results. -Jeff
  10. StevesLEDs

Scott’s new (to me) RSM 130

Hello Speaste! I just wanted to send a quick note to thank you for your order, and let you know that I expedited it (at no extra charge) so it has already shipped out. You should have it in 2-3 days, hopefully in time for the weekend! Thanks! -Jeff
  11. StevesLEDs

Anemone recommendation

+1 for the rock anemones. They look amazing for the price, especially if you get a really iridescent one. -Jeff
  12. StevesLEDs

long term algae problem

Algae photosynthesizes dominantly red light. As fluorescent bulbs age, they emit more red light as the internal phosphor degrades.. When I used to run florescent, I would always know when it is a time for bulb changes when I was scraping off algae off the glass daily. When I switched my 7...
  13. StevesLEDs

Sailfin not getting better...or worse

As long as they keep eating, they usually pull through just about anything. -Jeff
  14. StevesLEDs

Help....bristle worms barage

Once upon a time I had an arrow crab who at bristle worms. Mine was reef friendly, never bothered corals, but did take up a good bit of space since his legs were so long and spindly. (Good for reaching in deep cracks to clean out the excess worms in the live rock.) Jeff.
  15. StevesLEDs

Sailfin not getting better...or worse

Glad to hear. I had that happen to a blue throat trigger once. Took about 6 months before he looked better. -Jeff