Recent content by starsky

1. S

RSM130D - Skimmer options

I’ve got a DIY version of the basket so my 9001 I guess is at 90 deg to yours - never used the surface adapter. Might give it a go today Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. S

RSM130D - Skimmer options

The 9001 came with an adapter that fits onto the bottom so that it draws water from the surface (#15 in pic) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. S

HELP! RSM 130D Surface skimmer upgrade

Thanks @DaveK yes I found some in the USA, if I can’t find one in the UK I’ll order from one of those. What I want is for the cup to take the surface water off and then into the mechanical filtration before the main skimmer as at the moment I just have a vertical weir Sent from my iPhone using...
  4. S

HELP! RSM 130D Surface skimmer upgrade

Hi Guys, Desperately looking for one of these in the UK. It’s been discontinued and Red Sea don’t have any. 20 mails so far to dealers and no one has one. If any of you know where I can get one or even have an old one I’d be very great full if you could get in touch..... even an old fish turd...
  5. S

LED upgrade

Cheers guys; this was actually a cheap Aquarien eco that’s designed to be hung or sit over the tank on brackets. It was a bit of a pain to wire in as I’d originally intended to use the 12v psu that runs the stock LED’s & fans as that’s 10w and the LED 7w max (according to the specs) once it was...
  6. S

Red Sea Max C-130 Skimmer Overflow Tips

Sorry Missed the ‘C’ mine is an original 130 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. S

Red Sea Max C-130 Skimmer Overflow Tips

I had terrible problems with mine when I got it (bout a month ago) either flooding or not skimming. It also sounded like a small chinook in the corner of the living room. All resolved when I put a new impeller in the pump. I got this little tip from @RedSeaKev to tell if there’s any life left in...
  8. S

LED upgrade

Thought I’d just drop a few pics here of an upgrade I did this evening on my RSM130. LED panel fitted inside the hood in the cavity where the T5’s were and wired to the stock timer and ‘blue’ switch Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. S

Weir upgrade

Does anybody know if the 130D weir upgrade kit would fit on an original 130? If so any ideas where to get one in the UK? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. S

Max 130 wiring

Also just realised it was you I was emailing today about the skimmer impeller; did the little test you advised and noticed the white end caps on the magnets had come unstuck so put a blob of gorilla glue on and all sorted!! Many thanks indeed Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. S

Max 130 wiring

Awesome thanks @RedSeaKev Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. S

Max 130 wiring

Hi Guys, Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a max 140? I’ve found an LED tile that will fit in the hood but want to wire it to the stock timer/led switch Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk