Recent content by Spikewire

1. Spikewire

Spikewire's RSM 130D

Thanks for re-posting my original thread and I'll work on more pictures ASAP :) It's been really fun reading through this and a lot of threads I remember! This is my tank as of 3 months ago. It's the most recent I have but it's accurate. I currently have a pair of mated snowflake clown fish...
  2. Spikewire

Long time 130d

Hey folks! It's been some time but I still have my 130d running. It's been about 6-7 years now. Good to see some of the long time folks still here :) Quick question - What material are the 130d tank stands made of. Mine is still in fantastic shape after all this time but I'm curious. Is it...
  3. Spikewire

Wrangy's 50 Gallon Reef Cube

Hey this might be a silly question but other than Craigslist does the US have an equivalent site to Gumtree?
  4. Spikewire

Spikewire's RSM 130D

Well I figure I'll update my "Clown fish in Timeout" thread here. This was the lasat update after I let him back in the tank... "Well I went and picked up the clown last night hoping his little vacation had done some good. I bought a large mirror to try that as well. It seemed to be ok for...
  5. Spikewire

Big Al's "Mountain Reef"

Ohhhh Al. So sorry to hear this but try to stay positive. Hopefully you'll get it to bounce back asap. Hang in there.
  6. Spikewire

Back at it with the RSM250

I hear ya on fish fights. After 5 years of a very peaceful tank I've just had Fish-mageddon. I'll update in my tank thread :) Wait it out a bit and see if they settle in.
  7. Spikewire

DianaKay's RSM 250

+++++1 on the scolly!! Awesome job!
  8. Spikewire

Clown fish in time-out

Well I went and picked up the clown last night hoping his little vacation had done some good. I bought a large mirror to try that as well. It seemed to be ok for a bit as the clown was distracted by the mirror. Then the tank turned into Battledome. The Royal attacked the clown. I never knew...
  9. Spikewire

Spikewire's RSM 130D

Some more coral pics :) Loving the growth I'm seeing.
  10. Spikewire

Proper water movement? Pumps, wavemakers and the overflow box

Hey mudhutbob. Yes water flow is totally necessary :) I have my left return pointing down and my right return pointing up and to the right. That one agitates the surface and helps bring oxygen into the system. My mp10 is on the left hand glass about 2/3 of the way up and slightly towards the...
  11. Spikewire

Clown fish in time-out

Hey BMP that's a pretty ingenious idea! I think I'll give it a shot when I go to get him :)
  12. Spikewire

Clown fish in time-out

They were in the tank for a week and a half before I put the clown in time out. The firefish's tail was pretty much gone.
  13. Spikewire

Clown fish in time-out

Hey everyone. About a month and a half ago I added a fire fish to the tank for my daughter. My clown didn't really care for my decision making and proceeded to take it out on the fire fish. :hammerhea I'm lucky to be friends with the owner of a LFS so he offered to board the clown for me. He...
  14. Spikewire

Seeking Guidance, Information & Patience - New Red Sea Max 130D Owner

Hey Lip. How long will that backup last in case of a power outage?
  15. Spikewire

Water level in middle chamber of 130d

Hey BigAl. Yeah that crossed my mind but I've been using the same blue and white pads from StevieT/inTank for a good 4 years now. Also it doesn't happen consistently just twice now in the past two weeks. I say just twice but it's still enough to make me nervous.