Recent content by simmo888

1. S

RSm 130 4 weeks in when should i add fish? help

Heres a link through to my tank thread http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/54755-my-first-130-tank-photos.html
  2. S

sick blue-green chromis? -changed colour!

Heres a link to my tank thread http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/54755-my-first-130-tank-photos.html
  3. S

My first 130 tank photos

Thank you for everyone who has helped me on here. Here are some photos of our first few additions IMG]http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy143/simmo888/Fish%20tank/bluegreenchromis.jpg[/IMG]
  4. S

Thankyou, i have woken up this morning and it still looked a little dark, since the lights have come on though it is back to normal, they are both making a start on the 100's of pods of the glass whih is good! will post some pictures soon
  5. S

they are, we checked and so did the lfs, also we brought a coral which is looking great. Thanks though
  6. S

thanks for the advice, the lights for the aquarium are off but the lights in the room are on, will this causes a problem?
  7. S

We've just added our first two fish both blue-green chromis' and a piece of coral. one of the fish is absolutley fine. The other is tilted to one side and displaying very different behaviour to the other. it appears stressed and has changed colour to a dark grey black colour. We have only had...
  8. S

Thanks for the reassurance, might go out today for them unless convinced otherwise.
  9. S

Hello all I have had my RSM 130 running for about 4 weeks now. I put in 10kg of live rock and live sand after a couple of days which included 5 small snails/slugs, many micro brittle stars, about 3 bristle worms. Then i went down the raw shrimp method to help the cycle. left in for a...
  10. S

bristle worms

how big will they grow though? i dont mind having a couple of small ones as we havent seen them much.
  11. S

bristle worms

hi, we have recently brought live rock and have discovered 2 bristle worms. should we remove them? thanks, Rob
  12. S

New RSM 130 owner in need of a little help

used saliert, which came with the tank from the previous owner. i couldnt understand how anything could have gone too wrong already so it may be me making an error (even though i did it 3 time) or the testing kit. pH is normal at 8.2 Thanks for the tip Shamas.
  13. S

Thank you for your quick and useful replies. This may be a silly question but could the raw shrimp/prawn be brought from a supermarket or does it need to be from the aquarium shop? Also, what is the optimum time to leave it in the tank. Thanks Rob
  14. S

Thanks for the reply, i meant 1.023 sorry. i iwll get hold of those test asap. do i need to go down the raw shrimp route or will the cycle begin on its own? i have noticed some small dead 'animals' from the live rock? Thanks again Rob
  15. S

Hi i have recently brought a RSM 130 from a friend. I have set up with RO salt water from the local shop and have added live sand and some live rock. I have been monitoring the tank: temp 25-26 salinity 0.0123-5 pH 8.2 Nitrate 0 (need to buy an amonia and calcium test kit) However the...