Recent content by scubaspew

1. scubaspew

BTA vs SPS, who to introduce first?

Just get a small anemone since it will grow, a BTA, or a sebae, just make sure whatever you get won't get too large, go to a reliable LFS, if you have one, do your ow research, I guarantee if you have true percs they will eventually host in anything. Mine took 2 months to notice my BTA, but now...
  2. scubaspew

how many powerheads are needed

In my opinion those might be two much I would first try aiming them from opposite sides pointed lightly upwards to break the water surface and give it some slight ripple then the flow will push back down at a slower rate and if you pint them in opposite directions just a bit, you can create a...
  3. 1 week and 1 day the tank has been up!

1 week and 1 day the tank has been up!

Every kind of snail to imagine, nass, serith, turbo, conch, limpet, scutas, so many more I can't remember, all kinds of crabs from hermits, to emeralds, anemone crab...more. Starfish, a sand sifter and a tile or marble. Fish...a blue/green chromis, a mated pair of true percs, a yellow tang, a...
  4. 1 week and 1 day the tank has been up!

Every kind of snail to imagine, nass, serith, turbo, conch, limpet, scutas, so many more I can't remember, all kinds of crabs from hermits, to emeralds, anemone crab...more. Starfish, a sand sifter and a tile or marble. Fish...a blue/green chromis, a mated pair of true percs, a yellow tang, a...
  5. 1 week and 1 day the tank has been up!

6. 1 week and 1 day the tank has been up!

7. 1 week and 1 day the tank has been up!

8. 1 week and 1 day the tank has been up!

9. 1 week and 1 day the tank has been up!

10. 1 week and 1 day the tank has been up!

11. 1 week and 1 day the tank has been up!

12. scubaspew

Buying from Petco

Totally agree. I like small local places too because they usually know what they are talking about or will honestly tell you they don't. Like a lot of times I go to my local hardware store and the guy there is great he may not have what I need but by the time I leave I have a better...
  13. scubaspew

Buying from Petco

P.S. In this hobby I think it's more important to shop where you not only get treated right but where the LFS knows what they are selling and cares about your tank and situations as they do their own and for you if that's Petco vs your smaller shop then by all means go there!
  14. scubaspew

Buying from Petco

All of this I would agree with but having been in the industry myself for years I do know for example, best buy gets in truckloads of cd's and sell them below cost to get people in the door to buy bigger stuff and spend more money, this hurts say a smaller record store, sure maybe they sell...
  15. scubaspew

My tank

Thanks! And I'm sorry....