Recent content by scorpio1646

1. S

My 3 month old Red Sea Max 130D

sorry the ebay link didn't work...try this one: Red Sea Max 130D Aquarium and contents on eBay (end time 11-Jun-10 11:20:05 BST)
  2. S

Hi everybody, regrettably my business is relocating from London to Geneva next month which means I have to find a new home for my aquariums and livestock. Fortunately my LFS has done a deal with me on all my breeding tanks but my beloved Red Sea Max will be looking for a new owner. If any UK...
  3. Peppermint shrimp in my Red Sea Max 130D

Peppermint shrimp in my Red Sea Max 130D

4. S

Hmmm....well I'm no expert on algaes but looking close up this looks more like polyps to me....anybody have a definite ID? :ponder2:
  5. S

Good point about the purple 'algae' Terry, I've never seen algae that colour before and was just told by my LFS that it was 'some kind of algae'...I've been googling images for the past hour but can't get a definite ID, you could be right and it may well be small polyps of coral, I'll go take a...
  6. view through rh side of my rsm130D showing recent addition of mushroom rock

view through rh side of my rsm130D showing recent addition of mushroom rock

close up shot
  7. view through rh side of my rsm130D showing recent addition of mushroom rock

view through rh side of my rsm130D showing recent addition of mushroom rock

distant shot
  8. S

Thanks for the comps guys......I couldn't resist a mushroom rock I saw in my LFS yesterday, the purple and pink algaes are very eyecatching, here's a photo I just took showing the rock viewed through the right hand side of my tank.... and here's one of my cleaner shrimp checking out the...
  9. S

Rsm 130d - Any Ideas How To Cool?

Well as I said, I had exactly the same problems as you when I first set up my RSM130D....my heater didn't appear to come on, and my max-min thermometer showed a 3 degree variance in temperature. I did 2 things....adjusted the heater thermostat by turning it down a tiny amount and then I...
  10. S

but how are the thermometers sensing the temperature?...do you have probes in the water? ...how far are they away from the heat source? The ambient temperature in your room during the daytime is probably around 22C at the moment so with just a small 5 degree C difference to get to water temp the...
  11. S

How are you measuring the temperature in your RSM?..where is the temperature sensor situated? Have you tried adjusting the heater? I live in Cambridge and had the same problem as you when I first set up my Max 130D,...all it took was a small twist on the heater control to reduce the heat by...
  12. S

Setragni's RSM 130D

Re: New RSM 4/1/2010 Brilliant tank and lovely video.:hallo: :hallo: Ref the sounds from the plant....you sure you weren't.. err...smoking the plant?
  13. S

:o This is a pic I took in a hurry a few minutes ago.....hence the out of focus shot. I'm already late for work so won't be able to take another shot until this evening when the spawn will no doubt all have gone. My Chromis spawns regularly within minutes of the main tank lights starting to fade...
  14. My Chromis spawning

My Chromis spawning

This Chromis spawns regularly immediately after the lights dim in the evening.....always on the left side of my RSM skimmer weir. Usually the eggs are all gone by morning.This pic however was taken at 8am the morning after, most of the eggs are still there and she's valiantly fighting off the...
  15. S

My Jimmy No Mates Chromis against zoa background in my RSM130D