Recent content by Schwa

1. S

Lots of newly found "things" in tank Killed off trumpet coral :(

Secondly why on earth would you put lemon juice in your tank? That would dangerously drop your PH as lemon juice is an acid.
  2. S

Lots of newly found "things" in tank Killed off trumpet coral :(

You have a whole mess of things goin on 1) You need to triple your light output(whatever LFS told you that a 2 bulb t5 fixture is good enough for coral doesnt care about their customers or the animals they sell.)2)You should be changing 10 to 15% of your water monthly at least but ideally every...
  3. S

Entry level controller?

+1 Neptune I love the AC jr
  4. S

Best finish for inside stand

As far as durability goes you want a 2 part epoxy finish. It will be very difficult to sand in between coats so make sure its nice and smooth when you apply it. Another less expensive option though not as durable would be a spar varnish such as Helmsmans. This is the type of varnish you would...
  5. S

korallia or aqueon?

Sicce voyager , Same price better pump I have been running 2 on a 1 min on/off cycle for a yr and a half and still as silent as the day I put them in. Try doing that with a Koralia
  6. S

New 125 build

Well thats it for the moment and this tuesday I will be ordering the acrylic for my overflow boxes
  7. S

New 125 build

and heres a few more pics
  8. S

New 125 build

Well I was a success and I now have a 125 with holes in the bottom for 2 each 1 and 1.5in bulkheads
  9. S

New 125 build

OK according to the directions I posted the pics correctly but nothing showed up. If anyone has any photo posting tips please help I got it never mind
  10. S

New 125 build

So I picked this 125 up from someone who comes in the place I work. It had holes in the bottom for 1 in bulkheads which I am going to use for the returns and I am drilling 2 2 3/8 holes to accommodate 1 1/2 in bulkheads for 2 Durso standpipes and I am going to manufacture 2 corner overflow boxes...
  11. S

What am I missing? (swc)

O jeez Im embarrassed I didnt even look at the date on this post? What di you end up going with.
  12. S

What am I missing? (swc)

I have the mid style(cone neck with a wedge pipe) extreme 2oo that kicks butt. I am still running a sicce 2000 which does have some startup issues with a Red Demon Wheel but it pulls all kinds of nasties out. I have been biding my time until the BB has a little history behind it and decide what...
  13. S

Reef octopus skimmer

I have an extreme 200 and love it. As far as water level goes the Octopus skimmers should be sitting in 7-9 inches and the level inside should be adjusted so the bubbles break just below or at the transition between the main body and the neck this will keep a nice stable head inside the neck and...
  14. S

booster and permeate pump

A permeate pump only works if you always pump water in to your pressure tank. When filling water containers for topoff and change water it is useless. An RO booster pump is really whats needed to raise the water pressure to an acceptable level for RO water production. The Aquatec 8800 booster is...
  15. S

Very high calcium level

If its just your calcium I wouldnt worry about it. You may get a "snowstorm" in your tank from the calcium coming out of solution but wait it out and you will be fine in a week or so. Too much calcium in your system isnt really harmful to anything in your tank over a short term.