Recent content by salty-zim

1. salty-zim

Nobby's S-650

Hey Nobbygas, sad to read about the bad news. My condolences to you and your family and all the best for your son.
  2. salty-zim

zims 650 LED

Hello Reefers, it's been the third week I started my tank and I thought I might need some life behind the glass. Since I used the Coral Sea Life Rocks and the RS Mature Kit, I have seen the ammonia, nitrite and nitrate peaks, but there were almost no algae, whatsoever. The tank measurements are...
  3. salty-zim

zims 650 LED

Hi Shaun, the stirrers are the GHL brand, that makes the Profilux computers. You can connect the dosing pump to the stirrers and they also stirr multiple times per day. Very sophisticated but pricy. They also make the KH Director, which measures the kh and is able to adjust the dosing for my...
  4. salty-zim

zims 650 LED

Uh uh guys, tiny little algae are starting to grow and I got some bacterial colonies on my glass. Trying hard not to clean them off. I did a full test yesterday. It reads good (in my view) Today I just filled the containers with Reef Foundation A, B and C according to the RS receipt and got...
  5. salty-zim

Shaun's 2000 Litre (530 USG) Living Reef & Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

uh uh uh - even more equipment? No chance. The ministry of finances has frozen all budgets on more tec stuff. She‘s already bullying me for my „giant wet chemistry laboratory for Rocks“. So next there shall be life. But shortly after... [emoji83] Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
  6. salty-zim

zims 650 LED

Hi Shaun, [emoji1314]you are the man.[emoji1315] I set it all open 10min ago and the bubbles started to dissolve. Have rowa turned off again. [emoji1305] I definately need more patience...
  7. salty-zim

zims 650 LED

Hi guys, finally some sumpy photos. I tried to put the Dosing pumps into the other part, but as the chiller is coming (hopefully) this week, there will be very limited space. So they ended up in the sump. will see how this works out. So far the system runs just perfect. Within this one week I...
  8. salty-zim

zims 650 LED

Setup the dosing pumps, KH Director and started to clean up the cable mess. All nice and tidy stowed away. Pictures will follow. Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
  9. salty-zim

zims 650 LED

I‘m near Landau i. d. Pfalz. Toscany of Germany. Always sunny and the best wine ever. [emoji41] Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
  10. salty-zim

zims 650 LED

And that’s only a part of my excitement :-D But I have to confess, during the concrete phase I shortly thought of giving up. Wanted to just throw everything in and let it breed... But as if today I am pretty proud of the rockwork. Wish I coul have a look 2 years into the future. As I said...
  11. salty-zim

The Decision is made! -> will be reefing in a RSM S 650 White

I‘m using the Reef mature program. Since I was away for work from Tuesday until yesterday and I wanted the skimmer to be settled in a bit. Monday until Wednesday the tank was basically a bubble bath according to my wife. Startet yesterday evening and threw the first round if bacteria in. Also...
  12. salty-zim

zims 650 LED

Hello everyone, I guess it's time to open up my tank thread. It is running since Monday, July 2, 2018 and doing well so far. After a lot of reading I decided to go with @SPR 's advise and start with Red Sea Program. Until the tank has cycled, I keep rowaphos off, but the equipment is prepared...
  13. salty-zim

Hello Reefers, I could realize the rockwork I had in mind. I myself tried to glue two stones together, but I rather glued myself to various objects in my carport but the stones seemed to stay fairly unimpressed, no matter how hard I tried to press them. To cut it short: I created a mess. But...
  14. salty-zim

Hello Fellow Reefers, after two hell months (workwise) my brand-new RSM 650 finally arrived on Wednesday. AND IT IS HUUUUUUGE. So two nights ago I startet to build the frame and the cabinet. And yesterday I invited three neighbours to help me get the monster on top of it. I wish I made photos...
  15. salty-zim

Hi Shaun, very good advise. So I will go for the pro salt and the reef care thingies. Another question on the rhowaphos: You use the Deltec FR509 and put the rhowaphos in there? Did I get this right?