Recent content by sailman

1. sailman

Greenville NC Area

Reef Keepers Aquarium, Inc. 1681 Old US Hwy 70 West Clayton, North Carolina 27520 Phone: 919-359-2424
  2. sailman

Cube Sump Build

Looks good. Where did you order the acrylic from and did it come pre-cut?
  3. sailman

Happy Birthday sailman!

Thanks, I didn't think I would make it this long!
  4. sailman

high nitrates in tank and tap water..

I called the Filter Guys yesterday. The man that I talked to acted like he had all the time in the world to talk. I was realy impressed! The only problem is talking my wife into the filter. One thing that I have going for me is that it is about 45 min yo 1 hr to the LFS. The money saved in gas...
  5. sailman

Ok Ive looked and I like this one Aquarium Water | Reverse Osmosis | RODI Water | ReefKeeper Water | Dual Home Reef New Style (Smaller) for under sink .Does anyone know anything about it.
  6. sailman

that makes sense and is exactly what i was thinking.. Could i possibly use an RO filter system that could be purchased at lowes to filter my tap water? or would i need to have an RO/DI filter system made specially to filter the water put in my tank?
  7. sailman

i am having problems with my nitrate levels in my tank.. currently i am doing 20% water changes weekly to try and bring it down.. today i tested after the water change and the nitrates were still very high.. so i decided to test my tap water.. i have well water.. after testing the tap found that...
  8. sailman

using computer fans for canopy

I got my fans from frozencpu also but got the ones that are all ready set up with the wall plugs. 92 mm high speed AC fan w/36" power cord 20.95 ea.
  9. sailman

New lights temp. up Help

Ok this is what I found a 92 mm fan is all that I can fit in the canopy. So I went looking for fans none to be found in my city. Got on my laptop and went to frozencpu.com and found this Mechatronics 92x92x25mm High Speed AC Fan w/ 36" Power Cord runs on standard 115V AC household electricity...
  10. sailman

New lights temp. up Help

I can get a 3 or 4 inch fan in the canopy but the question that i have is do i put the fans facing inward to blow cool air over the lights or do i face them outward to pull the warmth out of the top? I am thinkin of using 2 (one on each end) and wiring them to one power supply. The back of the...
  11. sailman

New lights temp. up Help

thanks for the help also the desk fan idea a good quick fix thanks again!
  12. sailman

New lights temp. up Help

I added some new T5 lights and my temp. went from 78 to 84. What I want todo is to add a 120mm fan to my canopy but how do i wire it up. I need to get from 120v to 12v. No heater in tank. Thanks.
  13. sailman

T5 lights how long on/off HELP!!!

Would it hurt to run the moon lights all night or is this over kill?
  14. sailman

T5 lights how long on/off HELP!!!

I just put in two 4 foot/2 lamp T5 fixtures from Sunlight Supply and six moon lights. The LFS sold me 2 54w 420nm Actinic (in the back) 1 Actinic white, 1 Aquasun (front)and 6 moon lights (middle). All this is under my canopy and is on top of a 90gal Allglass tank. All are on timers. What I...
  15. sailman

Lighting Help Needed..

I need a recommendation for the combination of T5's to use... I am looking at a 48 inch 8x54W Sunlight Supply Tek Light High Output Fluorescent Lighting Fixture... any help would greatly be appreciated.. my tank dimensions are: 25.5 T x 18 D x 48 L we currently have live rock, fish only...