Recent content by rthompson14

1. R

cleaning the refiguim?

ok so black algae is dead algae....which i would remove...and the just means everything is good right?
  2. R

cleaning the refiguim?

Starting to get a light film on the surface of the water, looks like some black hair algae(maybe just very very dark green) on the sand bed and on the wall of the refiguim... Should i clean some of the hair algae and leave the rest? or is algae growth in the refiguim good no matter what kind...
  3. R

Snowflake Clowns hosting Torch!

So day 2 with the platinums, they declined micas shrimp on day 1 and declined bloodworms this morning. even put a pinch of pellets in there they didnt even care. anyone ever have a new fish die of starvation? or do they always eat when they get hungry enough?
  4. R

no they actually seem to stay close to each other and play. i even noticed the smaller of the 2 picasso's was rubbing up on one of the platinums....as if he was trying to bond with a platinum lol.
  5. R

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx8ERu-L6NM Here is a video of it that I took. So cute :)
  6. R

:) This is the very moment that makes me soooo happy to have a saltwater tank. Last Night I introduced 2 bonded Platinum Clowns, shut the lights off . They didnt eat this morning with the rest of the fish but that was expected. Anyway I came home sick midday and to find my Snowflake Clowns...
  7. R

New FW Tank!!

My plants are dying! They are turning brown, 3 of them! I'm gonna call the LFS in the morning. I did everything they said, I bought the lights they told me, the substrate they told me, the bottle of nutrition that I keep in il the fridge. fish are happy. Why does this seem harder than...
  8. R

New FW Tank!!

I will be putting in more plants, just experimenting with different plants the couple LFS's had. :)
  9. R

Temp Swings

I hope its only a thermometer problem....but then again, that worries me cause I unplugged my heater last night thinking it was the heater 0.0 i hope the temp didn't drop too much.
  10. R

Temp Swings

Everything looks great in the tank. Its a $10 digital thermometer and I have the wire about halfway down inside the tank with the temp sensor on it. I'm also using LED's and not any kind of light that gives off heat.
  11. R

Temp Swings

Ugh. So just when I thought everything was good at 79 Degrees, last night I thought things were a little warm, turned on my digital thermometer and it was at 86 degrees. So I unplugged what I thought was a faulty heater for the entire night. Temp 8 hours later.....85.7 Degrees. Weather here in...
  12. R

New FW Tank!!

Amazingly Helpful. All kinds of good information in there Dave. What sucks is that gravel filter is already buried in my tank. Sounds like I'm going to have to take some stuff out and try to remove that gravel filter. I'm going to the LFS again today and going to see what they have for long root...
  13. R

New FW Tank!!

Hey guys!!! Ok, so for the past 6 or 8 months my 2 South American Chiclids and my 1 African Chiclid have been stuck in a 10gal, and my African Chiclid has grown so much in the past months. They have been due for a serious upgrade. Poor guys. The African is agressive and many people dont mix...
  14. R

Help

I totally just killed off my first one last night. Was fairly easy. I tried to get Aiptasia X or Joe's Juice but what the LFS had was a powdered (ill get you the name off the bottle when I get home). I mixed some of the powder and boiling water in the cap of the bottle, and didnt even have to...
  15. R

What could it be?

that would explain why that snail i found was in many pieces.....if only i had known, the rock was on my table and i seen the cute little crabs come out and i picked them off and put them back in the display so they wouldnt die