Recent content by Royalscott

1. Royalscott

Overkill to Chill 28 gal. Nano Cube HQI?

IMO, the chiller is not needed in that size tank.
  2. Royalscott

Juan's Picotope 3G tank journey

I use a Hydor Mini Aquarium Heater in mine and its plenty.
  3. Royalscott

My 3 Gallon Love Child!!!

The light that comes with the pico is not sufficient enough to keep most corals growing and healthy. The leathers and yuma need much more light then what they are getting. You should also think about a larger pump or power head to get more water circulating. One word of caution, in a...
  4. Royalscott

Reef Cleaners

I received another awesome order from John at Reef Cleaners!! Within 30 seconds of placing the order, I had a personal email from John thanking me for the order, then another email with the order confirmation. The next day, I had an email that the order was shipped. EXCELLENT...
  5. Royalscott

Modifying my Bio29

IMO, you do not need a protein skimmer on the BC 29 as long as you do regular water changes and tank maintenance.
  6. Royalscott

Carbon in biocube filter - when to change?

Thanks for the video link. I change my stock carbon filters every month. I also keep a bag of chemi pure elite in the middle chamber that I change out every 6 months or so.
  7. Royalscott

July 2010 POTM Contest~

That is awesome Brenda!
  8. Royalscott

Solana help

The chamber that holds the pump and where the auto top off is isnt holding water. Its all going into the display and almost over flows. I took out the skimmer yesterday and all of the filters, cleaned and set back up to still have the problem. I took water out of the display but then there...
  9. Royalscott

OT: Anyone have a tempurpedic bed?

I have a friend that has one and she loves it!
  10. Royalscott

Happy Birthday Frankie

Happy Birthday Frankie!
  11. Royalscott

do emerald crabs eat bubble algae?

I have had emeralds eat the green bubble, but never the red bubble. IMO, the red is much harder to control than the green too.
  12. Royalscott

BioBalls

I use both and have never had any problems with them.
  13. Royalscott

biocube 8 or 14 or 29 gallon

I have a 14 and a 29gl. I would definitely go with the 29 gl. I have kept mine all stock and can keep softies, LPS etc without a problem.
  14. Royalscott

Solana sprung a leak

I put the tank up on 2x4's for several hours filled with water and never found a leak. After much consulting with Frankie, I re-sealed the bottom inside of the tank for peace of mind. I am now thinking that when I did the water change (I am messy) and spilled water down the side of the tank...
  15. Royalscott

Frog Spawn

Looks great!!!