Recent content by Rekkie

1. R

Rekkie's Reefer 450

HI All, Its been a long while and thought i would post an update on the tank.
  2. R

Max 250 Skimmer Options

I used the deltec on my 250 for around 5 years and sold it with the tank after i recently upgraded to the reefer 450. Cleaned the air intake at the pump every 6 months and never had a issue with the pump or skimmer. I would highly recommend it, a bit difficult to clean because of the square...
  3. R

Rekkie's Reefer 450

Hi Pat, thanks It sure is easier not driving 20 km to the LFS for SW or 1km to the local beach to collect NSW. I injured my back again after my last op and the wife has had to carry the 25l containers for the last month so she is over the moon she doesn't have to lift those anymore.
  4. R

Rekkie's Reefer 450

Buying NSW and RO topup for the reefer was to much to often as my evaporation is close to 8 liters or more a day. I used to get 100l every 3 weeks from the LFS, 25 RO water and 75 NSW which lasted three weeks with the RSM250. With the Reefer 450 this changed to 50l of RO water and 50l of NSW...
  5. R

Rekkie's Reefer 450

Well the old tank is now sold including the ATO and Deltec Skimmer, Some pics of the first 24 hours with the new Tunze DOC 9415 skimmer as the MC500 replacement with no adjustments to it except raising it up around 6 cm off the bottom.
  6. R

Rekkie's Reefer 450

Thanks srkd! Your setup looks good too.
  7. R

Rekkie's Reefer 450

The Clown pair have started laying eggs again, My wife and I tried a good few times to raise the fry but had issues getting the fry to stay alive after a few days and I had no Green water for the first 24 hour period. The last batch we actually got a few eggs off the rock as they were...
  8. R

Rekkie's Reefer 450

Hi All, I thought i would start a new thread with the recent upgrade from the modified RSM250. The RSM250 was a great tank and so is the Reefer, all i can hear with the 450 is the MP10 and the MCE500 skimmer. The skimmer in the sump is just audible compared to the 250 where i couldn't close...
  9. R

Rekkie's RSM250

Some FTS of the new tank. I have the Radions at around 65% and checked the PAR with the Seneye and getting between 300 to 450 at the top and 100 to 150 at the SB. It seems strange that all this fitted in the RSM 250
  10. R

Rekkie's RSM250

Tank arrived this morning, so i took the day off work to put it together also cleaned some new sand from the LFS and will only be transferring a couple of handfuls of the old sand from the RSM 250 sometime this weekend. I thought it would be easy putting the old T5's back in the lid but seem to...
  11. R

Rekkie's RSM250

The Radion brackets are on so i can start working on fitting the T5 fixture back into the lid. The new tank should arrive in a week shipping from Sydney to Perth.
  12. R

Rekkie's RSM250

Hi All, Its been a while since i posted so i am just giving a little update, I have been thinking of a tank upgrade recently as i am just running out of space after around 5 years of growth. I have given a few soft corals, anemones and red macro algae away recently to a few friends as they just...
  13. R

Rekkie's RSM250

Some updated FTS and close ups, its been a while since i last posted anything.
  14. R

Rekkie's RSM250

Thanks for the info Qxylebius, it seems to be growing quite fast so i will see if i can start trading it. I am back to changing out 50l of nsw i get from the llfs per week and checked my nitrates and phosphates are at acceptable levels.
  15. R

Rekkie's RSM250

Hi All, I took the family on a snowboarding holiday to Hakuba in Japan over the festive season and was gone for around 18 days. When we returned i had lost a couple of Acan polyps off one of my frags, i assume because my KH had dropped to around 7 even when it was dosing around 40 ml a day...