Recent content by reeferman

1. reeferman

150 gallon tank on second floor? Will it hold?

hey Ken Ken,i see youre in GA,whereabouts?
  2. reeferman

with the joists running perpendicular to the tank and being TGIs,you could go bigger but the size youve picked would suffice IMHO.too much bigger and you will get a little deflection. youre very welcome. hey Glenn,thanks!
  3. reeferman

take this advice for what its worth...im a master carpenter with over 20 yrs experience in building homes.you are perfectly safe with a tank over that area. as for the joists being 24" on center...they are not,thats 16" center all day.theres not many areas in the US that would allow a wooden...
  4. reeferman

Bryan's 120 Reef

just popping in Bryan.its great to see my babies all grown up.youve done a fantastic job bud!
  5. reeferman

Choff's RSM 650 Build

awesome Mike.mine are long aquacultured and that helps a lot when trouble arises.not saying theyre bulletproof by any means but they seem to be tougher.
  6. reeferman

Choff's RSM 650 Build

water quality is an even more important factor in stony coral growth and color than light is.it is the single most important factor. thanks for the very kind words Mike and Glenn,means a lot
  7. reeferman

Choff's RSM 650 Build

i built my own fixtures and only use royal blue,cool whites and warm whites.you dont need any other colors,theyre just for our viewing pleasure
  8. reeferman

Choff's RSM 650 Build

im completely sold on leds for sps growth[acropora specifically].ive been led for about 4 years and the color and growth is excellent. Bryan[PSU4ME]and Mike[Choff] can attest to my growth and color.leds are absolutely a very viable light source for sps.
  9. reeferman

Blue Reef Chromis - Can they get along ?

if they had stringy poo,then there was an internal parasite
  10. reeferman

Choff's RSM 650 Build

i wouldnt adjust your lights,make the wrasses adjust to your schedule.start using the prazi in the food only after youve gotten them to start eating.sometimes they wont eat prazi soaked food right off the bat,must taste bad to them. Oxy,yes,60 days for my meleagris.you may have one still...
  11. reeferman

Choff's RSM 650 Build

and i had one reemerge after 60 days!i was happy for you when i received that text yesterday,leopards are the best. tanks looking great Mike!
  12. reeferman

feeding Prazipro to new wrasses

you would want to run the skimmer during treatment,just remove the cup so that the water flows back into sump.you will need the oxygen from skimmer because it can get depleted rather quickly
  13. reeferman

Tierra Del Fuego

Boston is just a lame reef scene who doesnt recognize quality when they see it.top shelf pieces demand top shelf prices.tell them to stick to buying green slimers and browned out maricultured!lol :)
  14. reeferman

Tierra Del Fuego

i told you you would get to the point where the reef could fund itself...and you doubted me!
  15. reeferman

Tierra Del Fuego

awww,my babies all grown up :)