Recent content by ReefApprentice

1. ReefApprentice

Moving an Anemone in the Lagoon

Check with your local laws and regulations. Sometimes you just have to let natural selection and nature work it's course. Edit: Welcome to ReefSanctuary!!!
  2. ReefApprentice

3 triggers 1 tank

What size tank are they being housed in? What is the other livestock? Triggers will establish territories as they age and can turn on smaller tankmates one day when they`ve had enough. Following :winky:. And don`t forget to take pictures, clown triggers are gorgeous.
  3. ReefApprentice

What Fish??

Starry blenny, a great addition to trim algae, and loves nori feedings. Very interactive and personal fish.
  4. ReefApprentice

A Picture A Day......

What morph are the bright pink ones? Absolutely gorgeous zoas.
  5. ReefApprentice

Ramie's Fluval Evo Aquarium 13.5g

Great looking bulid! The red algae growing is coralline algae, perfectly harmless. As the crab goes id try to keep a eye on it, not all are reef safe, most are from the genus Xanthid.
  6. ReefApprentice

Pistol shrimp killing fish?

Tbs rock is prone to have a mantis hitchhiker. Keep a eye out for anymore snapping that sounds different than what a mantis sounds like. Other than that I know their known for all of the life and hh you get.
  7. ReefApprentice

Spiney Blue Lobster???

Set up the 75.:p
  8. ReefApprentice

Spiney Blue Lobster???

I wish I had the space for a invert only tank with a lobster and small things like cowries and a abolone. Stunning critter!
  9. ReefApprentice

Coraljunkie's 54g Corner Reef

I'd keep a close eye on this one. A problem with these fish is they eat prepared food then will stop. I'd be ready to add pods to the tank if she goes MIA. Sucks to hear about the loss, hope you get better luck with this one.
  10. ReefApprentice

Back in hobby after 25 years.

Those are some nice and useful hitchhikers. Very nice looking purple stripe dottyback. However I can't help but notice the large aiptasia on the right side of the photo in the middle of the rock. However it might be a paly from the quality of it.
  11. ReefApprentice

emrald crabs

Theyre good hiders but you can usually spot one if you sit by the tank awhile. Another thing to note about them is they'll shed their shells (carapace) about 1 every 2 months. You can tell its a molt by seeing there's no eyes on it. Enjoy your new additions!
  12. ReefApprentice

emrald crabs

I've had a single emerald crab in my 90gallon for 2 years now. I know they'll eat bubble algae likes it's candy but I've never seen them actively eat hair algae. They should do fine assuming when they run out of a food source you give them supplemental feedings of algae "pellets,sheets, ect" and...
  13. ReefApprentice

Mayja's RSR 450 Reef Adventure!

Impressive setup and fish! Can't wait to see those macna frags grow out into some sick colonies!
  14. ReefApprentice

MACNA

So I was finally able to get my computer back and working so here are teh pictures I took from Macna. Macna swag, minus a few tshirts being worn already A clarion angel that was in a display at a booth. Gorgeous fish, with s price tag to match! A rare beauty, Zebrasoma Gemmatum, aka a gem...
  15. ReefApprentice

Any help identifying these?

I think the first coral might be some type of sps, not a chalice. Maybe some type of capricornis?