Recent content by Reddog170

1. Reddog170

Back with a Bio Cube 8

Do not have it drained and switched over yet. I know it is in the back.
  2. Reddog170

Back with a Bio Cube 8

Well I have hit a snag. It seems that there is a leak somewhere in the back of the tank. The table is always wet and I am going through a little over a half gallon of water a day. at first it was only about 15 oz or so. It is getting worse so I figure I better do something about it. Not sure how...
  3. Reddog170

Back with a Bio Cube 8

I have the temps stabilized and the Damsel is doing great. My wife picked me up a hermit crab and a chalice frag. They are doing good right now and being unable to get the blue led's going and being worried about the white lights I have a new light on order. In the past I have pushed the...
  4. Reddog170

Back with a Bio Cube 8

Just a quick update. Everything is stable and the diatom bloom is fading away. Getting some coraline growing now. Added a clown but it only lived on week. I believe that it was not in good health from the start, Petland fish. The Damsel however is doing great. The damsel did not show much...
  5. Reddog170

Back with a Bio Cube 8

Hopefully I will get some pics up this weekend. So far the temp has been stable with about a 1 degree shift. Yea I had to put a small heater in and use a small fan. Not to much else has been going on with it. The fish is doing good, eating like a horse. The only thing is that all the blue LEDs...
  6. Reddog170

Back with a Bio Cube 8

I was thinking zoo's and mushrooms to start. Basic and simple with lots of color. A small cleanup crew, some snails, and hermit crabs. Nothing exotic or anything. Just having some fun with this tank. Shaun
  7. Reddog170

Back with a Bio Cube 8

Well I need some help here. How do you maintain the temp? I am having HUGE swings. Mid-day it will be 80.3 and when I get up in the morning it will be as low as 69.0. I did not have trouble keeping the temp in the larger tanks I had before but this little nano is an entire new adventure. Ohh...
  8. Reddog170

Back with a Bio Cube 8

Wooo Hoooo!!!!!!! I am finally getting the uglies. I know it is weird, but I see it as a sign that the cycle is moving along right. Now I am not in any rush with this little tank so I will just let the algae run its course. Right now the tank is looking kinda brown at the moment. If I just sit...
  9. Reddog170

Back with a Bio Cube 8

That is one really cool Sea Horse. Like the little tank. Looking forward to seeing mine grow in. Shaun
  10. Reddog170

need some ideas for my 10 gallon

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/reef-chronicles/24280-bigals-10g.html Check out this thread. It is the thread that got my going in the beginning, even before I joined RS. Simple things make BIG changes in little tanks. Do NOT ever dose anything that you cannot test for. For a small tank...
  11. Reddog170

Back with a Bio Cube 8

Well the ammonia is at zero now. The nitrites are dropping every day and the nitrates are off the chart. Cycle is moving along well. One of the guys wants my to take some blue star polyps from him, says they are getting a little out of hand. More to come, along with another pic on Sunday. Shaun
  12. Reddog170

OT: Allen's testimonial . . .

I will tell you all this. Three years ago I was living so far above my means that I was getting loans to pay off loans. Credit cards were being used for everything, food, clothes, bills. I got the PM from Big Al and the CD. Well long story short. I made some BIG choices. I cut up the cards. I...
  13. Reddog170

Back with a Bio Cube 8

Well I just got some new test kits and did the entire set. The readings are as follows; Ammonia 2.0 ppm ; Nitrite 2.0 ppm; nitrate 40+ ppm. Now I still have some little bits of the shrimp I put in as it disentagraded when I tried to remove it. That may be what is keeping the ammonia and nitrites...
  14. Reddog170

Slow motion Mantis Shrimp attack

Thank you for posting that. I rather enjoy the Mantis Shrimp, but like my reef more. Shaun
  15. Reddog170

Help choosing fish.

Looking at your list I see one issue. The Damsels that I have had tended to get aggressive towards other fish. They are good easy care fish so that is a good start. I agree that a couple false percs would be a nice pair to get. The link has a great compatibility chart that will go a long way in...