Recent content by recole

1. R

What Pump?

Someone please recommend a good return pump for me. I have a 90 gal standard rectangle tank with dual returns going into the tank pointing left and right. Built in overflow, A sump below the tank that the pump will sit in. Maybe 5 feet or so from sump to top of the water surface. Thanks
  2. R

Which fans?

I need to order a couple of 4" canopy fans for my 75 ga. Can anyone recommend a brand that does a good job without a whole lot of noise? And maybe suggest where to buy from? Thanks
  3. R

i want to find out what the average age of RS members is.

I'm most likely one of oldest. I'm 57, but look 47. RIGHT!!! My 75 gal keeps me busy and young.
  4. R

New Lights

OK, need some input please. I have had T-5 lighting now for about 6 months The lighting is the Current Nova high output T-5' s. Four bulbs consisting of (2ea) 10,000 K and (2ea) of actinic bulbs. Have them for my 75 gal mixed reef and fish. Absoluetly love them. Many softies,leathers,sps etc. a...
  5. R

Calcium at 750

Seachem ReefStatus calcium kit. What do you think? Good or bad kit?
  6. R

Calcium at 750

Thanks to all, I'll retest with a standard (assuming I have one). This test kit cost me a small fortune. Hope it's reliable.
  7. Hungry

Hungry

Feeding Branches
  8. Zeneas

Zeneas

Pinkies
  9. Closeup of Leather

Closeup of Leather

Closeup of Leather
  10. Other Side View

Other Side View

Assorted Corals
  11. Side View

Side View

Assorted Corals
  12. tank corals

tank corals

mostly Softies
  13. corals

corals

monti
  14. R

Calcium at 750

My calcium level is sitting at 750. I know this is high but everything in my mixed reef 75 gal tank is doing well. Should I slowly decrease this level to get it down? By the way, if anyone has heard of this, I have been using the GARF "bullet proof" addition of chemicals for quite some time...
  15. R

Blowing Smoke ?

Thanks guys, but what is it trying to fertilize. There are no eggs anywhere I can see? I do have two black urchins. Are these things asexual or seperate sexes? A little confused here. By the way, there was a full moon last night! Ron