Recent content by qwaz0101

1. Q

HELP! Flowerpot not opening?

Update... so I went away for the weekend and when I got back it was still closed so I thought it was probably dead. However what I have noticed is that on a morning (under moonlights) the coral is partially open but when I get home from work it's closed. Is it possible that it's struggling...
  2. Q

Thanks for the advice. I went to my local fish shop and they asked me if I was feeding it and I haven't been. They sold me sold special food specific for this type of coral and recommended putting the top part of a coke bottle over the coral (without touching it) and using a turkey baster to...
  3. Q

I purchased what I think is a flowerpot coral 3 weeks ago and it's been doing great but the last 2-3 days it's been closed. All other corals are doing well but I did a 25% water change yesterday anyway with Red Sea Coral Pro on top of the 15% I do weekly aswell. Tank is a Fluval M90 with Fluval...
  4. Q

24kg live rock

I have 24kg of quality live rock for sale from tank downsize. Been running in my tank for 3 years, no pests or nasties. Some of rock has coral on it, mainly finger coral, pink and metallic green Xenia and star polyps but a few zoas. Currently running in old tank with water, pump and lights...
  5. Q

Fish Civil Rights

Very interesting and something I have thought about before. Until recently I had a pet chameleon that I fed locusts every day, they lived in a plastic tub for days and finally when released they are eaten within minutes and that's seen as normal. Now if I had taken my chameleon out and fed it to...
  6. Q

Arcadia LED T5 in RSM C250

Thanks for the link. My tank temp is around 26-28c in winter and 27-30c in summer. I think the issue I have is less the high temperature but the swings, the difference between the start of the day and evening is around 2c and that's caused by the lights.
  7. Q

Arcadia LED T5 in RSM C250

Like many others I struggle with heat issues in my C250. I was shopping around the other day for new bulbs and came across these... http://www.swelluk.com/arcadia-t5-led-marine-blue/?gclid=CKWV27HltNACFUMTGwode5UOvg Has anyone had any experience with them? I was wondering if they are better...
  8. Q

Clown bullying after many years

Thanks for your reply Dave. I thought a pair of small Clowns naturally turned into a male/female pair and would be happy. Is it just a case of the female doesn't like/fancy the male?
  9. Q

Clown bullying after many years

I have a pair of common clownfish that I've had for over 5 years. They spent 4.5 years in a Red Sea Max 130 and were mostly happy together, in January I upgraded to a Red Sea Max 250 and again they were fine for about 2 months. However the last 6 months the larger clown has none stop been...