Recent content by qsligh

1. IMG_3452

IMG_3452

The red specimen is a coral of some sort, and the other is a urchin that started out about less than the size of a dime and now is growing very well. All were hitck hikers on the LR from Tamabay saltwater.com.
  2. IMG_3449

IMG_3449

The red specimen is a coral of some sort, and the other is a urchin that started out about less than the size of a dime and now is growing very well. All were hitck hikers on the LR from Tamabay saltwater.com.
  3. Started growing 2wks ago

Started growing 2wks ago

Noticed this little thing about 2wks ago on the rock and now it's gotten this big! Can someone ID this for me?
  4. Q

Buying live rock: what's the best source

I got my LR & LS from Live Rock - Tampa Bay Saltwater Aquacultured Live Rock. I purchased the "package" and it is a great deal. One reason why I like it is the fact that you only get a part of your LR & LS to cycle your tank and then after the tank is cycled, Rich sends you the remaining LR and...
  5. IMG_3417

IMG_3417

6. IMG_3412

IMG_3412

7. IMG_3419

IMG_3419

8. Q

Q's New Reef tank

Well I finally got my little part of the ocean set up on Wednesday. Got my LS, LR, and cleaning critters from Tampabaysaltwater.com. It's called the "pakage" and looks like a great deal! They send you all of the LS and half of the LR until the tank cycles, and then they ship you the rest of the...
  9. Q

pH rises in new tank

rbursek, Here is the "cycling" procedures that Tampabay saltwater says I must follow for their products. Would you consider these procedures to be somewhat standard? thanks, Quentin
  10. Q

pH rises in new tank

rbursek, Thanks for the pointed advice. I think I was freaking out a little. I so much want to get this right this time after spending a lot of money the first time only to get frustrated and quite. I will do as you advised and monitor it once I've moved along from this stage in my setup...
  11. Q

pH rises in new tank

I am in the process of setting up a new Solana 34gal reef tank. I went out and purchased sw from my lfs and all seem well. I have a pinpoint salinty monitor, aquacontroller with ph monitor & temp. My issue is with my pH rising. It seems that the pH is supposed to be 8.3 and my is btwn 8.41 -...
  12. Q

Aquacontroller jr

Finally got back online! Hey you guys, thanks for all the assistance. I got the controller software and followed the fore mentioned instructions and "BAM" , it works! I will tell you that iti is much simpler with the software. You can find it cheaper than listed on the controller's website. At...
  13. Q

Chiller advice

Having failed in this area many years ago, I must agree that a chiller is somewhat of a must for most tanks. What my mistakes has taught me is that making sure that I have enough pull down power in the chiller in essential. The quicker you can cool the tank the easier it is to maintain the...
  14. Q

Aquacontroller jr

Does anyone out there own/operate a Aquacontroller jr? I've just purchashed one and all is great, but can't get the programming right to produce a wavemaker eviroment for my tank. Any help with this product will be greatly appreciated!!:help:
  15. Q

3 week Protien Skimmer waite

Thanks Clownfish518 for the advice. I have a Solana 34gal all in one, so I will give it another week and see what happens...