Recent content by Princess Hockey

1. Princess Hockey

Turning off flow to feed?

Alright, dumb question time! I keep trying to turn off flow to feed, and I'm struggling getting the right things turned off, so I'm hoping someone can help me figure out exactly what I need to turn off. (My fish are all small, they can't catch the food when its going around so fast.) I have...
  2. Princess Hockey

New Noisy Red Sea Max S-400

Oh yeah, I'm just glad I didn't try to fill the ATO reservoir before noticing that!! I'm giving them plenty of time to get it all straightened out, the owner has been good about answering my texts so I'm assuming they'll make it all right in the end. If not, I get pretty noisy on review sites...
  3. Princess Hockey

Turns out I'm missing a few more parts than just the sponge cradle under the pump. It's also missing a downspout so when it sucks water it sometimes creates a whirlpool to give it some extra volume. And we also learned that the ATO isn't hooked up yet...time to go call my LFS and get them back...
  4. Princess Hockey

Sure! Maybe other Red Sea S series owners have some tips on sound reduction. I haven't gotten the pump situation solved yet. Thanks!
  5. Princess Hockey

Thanks for the replies, both of you! So it was indeed a twofold issue...I haven't finished solving it yet. Adjusting the water flow helped some, it was definitely coming down a bit too strong...we played with it and that lowered the volume a little. Then I started messing with the pump and I...
  6. Princess Hockey

Meant to put this in the red sea forum. Sorry mods, newb alert :(
  7. Princess Hockey

Since I'm a little green to the hobby, I had my LFS set up my new Red Sea Max S-400 today. It's up and running and really seems awfully noisy, without the protein skimmer even on. Turning that on just makes the system even louder...so loud that I can't really have a phone conversation in the...