Recent content by Orlando-Jeff

1. O

C-130 skimmer body cleaning

thanks. It does look like it could use a good cleaning but it's such a pain getting it out of the sump. it only took a year to get the stock skimmer dialed in so keeping it clean is a must LOL
  2. O

C-130 skimmer body cleaning

How often do you take out and cleaning the entire skimmer? I clean the collection cup weekly but pulling out the entire skimmer is a chore. Should this be something I should do often?
  3. O

Moving my tank

We are looking to replace our carpeting with tile. The biggest issue is how to move my C-130. Any suggestions? I was thinking about using sliders under the cabinet but my aquascape falling down will be a big issue. Anyone ever do this with success?
  4. O

Adjusting stock skimmer rsm 130. ANYBODY??

Hello Jax. I have the C version and just like you, I had all kinds of problems getting the skimmer to work right. I even took it out for a couple of months because I was tired of the thing over flowing. Then one day, I decided to put it back in and give it a try again. I turned it on and let it...
  5. O

wet or dry skimming on my C-130

thanks guys for the info
  6. O

wet or dry skimming on my C-130

I've actually got my stock skimmer on my C-130 running pretty good after a year of playing around with it. I do notice though that with the water level door all the way closed I don't get much skim mate out of it. Tonight I raised the door about half way open. I'm assuming that would be more of...
  7. O

Red Sea Max C-130 RS 1550 Died

Hello Kenneth. I also have a C-130. This has happened to me a couple of times when shutting the pump down. Before you purchase another one, try taking the pump out and giving the impeller a turn. Sometimes junk gets lodged in there when the pump shuts down. Worked for me.
  8. O

C-130 chiller question

Thanks Dave. After I posted this, I started thinking the same thing. Don't want to cool down too fast
  9. O

C-130 chiller question

I'm running a chiller on my C-130. The chiller works fine but takes about 20 minutes to cool the temp down from 80F to 78F. The specs on the chiller call for a pump volume from 50 to 260gpm. I'm using an adjustable pump that ranges from 60 to 211gpm. I have it running at the maximum gpm. If I...
  10. O

Chiller maintenance for my C-130

Hello Dave. I do run LED's but still need the chiller to keep the temp at 78. I'm sure having 3 pumps running in the sump doesn't help with the heat problem. My house is always kept at 78 even in the summer. The chiller comes on once an hour though.
  11. O

Chiller maintenance for my C-130

I have a chiller running for my C-130. It's been running for over a year with no problems. Cools just fine. I've done a lot of reading from others stating that yearly maintenance on chiller's is a must. The thought of disconnecting all the tubing and taking the chiller out is not something I...
  12. O

My C-130....1 year later

It's been 1 year since I started my C-130. My tank is looking great and all fish and corals are doing fine as well. The only upgrade I did along the way was to replace the stock lighting with Orbit marine pro LED lighting. I took the skimmer out about 4 months ago because I was getting tired of...
  13. O

Question after the fact

yeah..my fault
  14. O

Question after the fact

So I mix up a batch of Coral Pro salt for a 5 gallon water change on Saturday. I usually mix it for about an hour or so and then use it. Well...some things came up and I wasn't able to do my WC until today (Monday). The water was cloudy, I'm thinking because of precipitation but I used it...
  15. O

Steve's LED's verses Orbit marine pro

Thanks Dave. I paid about the same price for the Orbit marine pro lights. Just took the PC's out and double sided tape the pro's on the clear plastic cover. Took all but 5 minutes to complete.