Recent content by nu2reef-n

1. nu2reef-n

In search of a skimmer

Buy a skimmer that can handle at least double your tank volume. Everyone has their own opinion on skimmers.
  2. nu2reef-n

powder blue tang

I would suggest that you pick up a cleaner shrimp, as these fish are prone to ich. I have one, he's fun to watch. It will pick up hermit crabs and shells, and carry them up to the top of the tank then drop them. I think he's foraging for 'pods. I've never seen him nibble on any corals. He...
  3. nu2reef-n

Purple Algae?

Watch out with the iodine. It will cause your inverts to molt, thereby decreasing their life span.
  4. nu2reef-n

Hello all

Hey Roy. How's it going? It's nice to see a familiar face. :)
  5. nu2reef-n

Hello all

I'm sorry guys and gals, I do not own a digital camera. Alas.... I own a reef tank, so I'm without funds most of the time.:)
  6. nu2reef-n

Hello all

It's a mixed reef. some Zoos, a green bubble coral about 10 to 12", yellow tonga leather 8-9". Some SPS frags, and SPS colonies. Assorted LPS, a couple of finger leathers, and some Crocea clams. My fish bioload is a Pacific blue tang, indo-pac. sailfin tang, six line wrasse, bi-color blenny...
  7. nu2reef-n

Hello all

It's a mixed reef. some Zoos, a green bubble coral about 10 to 12", yellow tonga leather 8-9". Some SPS frags, and SPS colonies. Assorted LPS, a couple of finger leathers, and some Crocea clams. My fish bioload is a Pacific blue tang, indo-pac. sailfin tang, six line wrasse, bi-color blenny...
  8. nu2reef-n

Hello all

Hi My name is Dave, and I live in Newberg,Oregon. I have a 116 gal display tank(glass) with a 55 gal 'fuge and a 24 gal sump. I'm running a EV-180 skimmer externally. My tank has about 180# of tonga and fiji liverock, my 'fuge contains another 100+ lbs. of fiji rock. I'm currently in the...