Recent content by noon6

1. N

What is this?

I was wondering if someone could help with this? I have about 25-30 of these on my glass usually when my lights are out or first thing in the morning, what are they? Are they harmful and if I wanted to is there a way to rid them from my tank? A few would be ok however they seem to be...
  2. N

Steve's LEDS-Typhoon Controller Help

Awesome explanation and a lot to try going forward.......thanks Jeff! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. N

LED Balance

Anyone else have a perspective they would like to share on this topic? I have heard that many LED owners turn down the blues when taking photos but how about the rest of the time? As far as the corals are concerned what types like more white vs blue and vice versa? Sent from my iPhone using...
  4. N

LED Balance

I have the 14K full spectrum as well and currently have my intensity at 45%. I like the blue as well however I have noticed that just small adjustments in both and or white can alter the color of the corals dramatically.
  5. N

LED Balance

I know it's probably a lot personal preference but at what level do you set your blues vs whites? What should I be looking for as I want to do what's best for the corals and at the same time have the tank be aesthetically pleasing. Thanks, Steve
  6. N

I know it's probably a lot personal preference but at what level do you set your blues vs whites? What should I be looking for as I want to do what's best for the corals and at the same time have the tank be aesthetically pleasing.. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  7. N

Pat, I look forward to seeing the pics. I have one heat sink with two rows of LED arrays so still unsure about the number of channels. When you get more info on the upgrade for the Typhoon I would love to hear more about how it works, the process to upgrade and is it worth it. P.S. I still have...
  8. N

Pat, thanks for the great advice! Currently I have all channels on at 9:00am with a 1.5 hour fade in and then off at 7:00pm with another 1.5 hour fade out....we will see how it goes. I have the max intensity set at 35% with both dimmers at max, the tank is definitely not as bright at this...
  9. N

I just installed my retrofit kit for my 130D today...whew, what a job! (glad it's done and I made it through it) however i have questions regarding programming the Typhoon. I am looking for someone that can assist me with this? The first questions I have are as follows: 1. Do I program...
  10. N

Firefish Goby-Help!

I just purchased a Firefish Goby for my reef. Within a couple of hours of his acclimation into my tank he was attacked by my female Percula Clownfish and now has lost part of his tail fin and a few nips out of his dorsal fin. My question is will it grow back? If so, how long does it take and is...
  11. N

Hi Al, I was reading a post and saw that you had a Typhoon Controller to Steve's LED'S install...

Hi Al, I was reading a post and saw that you had a Typhoon Controller to Steve's LED'S install guide you had made. I will be installing the retro kit on my 130D on Saturday and was wondering if you still had that guide available you could send me? My name is Steve and my email is...
  12. N

Conflicted

Well I took the plunge and after a 2 week period I switched out my crushed coral for sand. I used Aragonite Seafloor Special and although it was quite the task I had no ill effects to any livestock and it looks like not even a mini-cycle. I want to thank all of you for your assistance and...
  13. N

Need your help!

From the looks of it today it may be past the point of return Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. N

Need your help!

So true Snid....just trying to set myself up in advance Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. N

Need your help!

That's very interesting info! I will dip it and then put it back in the DT and see how it goes. I have never heard of the regeneration but I guess it makes sense that it could happen although I would think that would take a very long time don't you think? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk