Recent content by NjRiCaN

1. NjRiCaN

10g Ricordea and Zoa Tank

Thanks guys for all the responses! so it sounds to me that i will probably be investing in a t5 fixture instead of my cf. i will try the cf first tho and if it doesnt work out then ill upgrade to t5 or maybe just keep a ricordea tank. just one question guys, what about protein skimming?
  2. NjRiCaN

10g Ricordea and Zoa Tank

Hello Everyone, I have a 10g tank laying around and I was interested in making it into a ricordea and zoa tank for my bedroom. only thing is i was hoping to use some of my equipment that i have but not sure. Thats why I want your info on what equipment i should use. I have a rena...
  3. NjRiCaN

question

Yea i know! i actually took him to my local fish store. it was enough when he ate a nice little colony of metallic pink buttons. i was so mad! thanks for the input tho!
  4. NjRiCaN

question

i have this one crab thats very aggressive, looks cool, but loves to munch on my zoathids. anyone knows what he is?
  5. NjRiCaN

Question

can anyone tell me what this one coral is? i know the picture is not that great but its all i have right now! ***added IMG code to pic**** BigAl07
  6. NjRiCaN

Should I go With the Original Bulb?

Thanks for the info! i chose to go with the Radium 150w 20,000K bulb. i read pretty good reviews on it. the price is the only thing that has a bad review in my book.
  7. My 28G NanoCube

My 28G NanoCube

Updated picture.
  8. NjRiCaN

Should I go With the Original Bulb?

Hello everyone! I have a JBJ Nano Cube with the HQI canopy that uses the JBJ metal halide bulb 150watts 14,000K. I was wondering if theres any better brand bulbs i can purchase that people has seen better coral growth with? also as long as the bulb is rated for 150watts, i could go with a...
  9. NjRiCaN

Who can tell me true?

From my experience, I have a reef aquarium with LPS, SPS and clams. Just like you i wanted a pygmy angel so bad because of the coloration. I went to my local fish store and they said the least likely to nip at corals were the Cherub Angel. They had a nice looking one and decided to take the...
  10. NjRiCaN

Need Advice on Capture

Thanks bigal. imma try it and let you know how it worked out.
  11. NjRiCaN

Need Advice on Capture

I have 2 tomato clowns in my tank that a bought a while ago. they are not paired up yet. the are never together and host 2 different places. I actually wanted clarkii's initially but my LFS was taking forever to get them in so i went with the tomato's. just yesterday i bought 2 clarkii's that...
  12. NjRiCaN

Can i do clams in my 30g?

About 7 months
  13. NjRiCaN

Can i do clams in my 30g?

Like to give some good news! On friday i went to my local fish store and they were having there annual sale day "Midnight Madness" they had the whole store for 3 hrs at 25% off and if it was already on sale it was still 25% off. they had just got a great shipment of clams. they were to beautiful...
  14. NjRiCaN

Retro kit for hqi canopy?

Thanks guys. lots of help! what website do you guys buy your bulbs from?
  15. NjRiCaN

Retro kit for hqi canopy?

i have a 28g nano cube with the HQI canopy(150w) w/ 4 led moonlights. i went on this website Nanocustoms.com - nanocustoms where they have a retro-fit kit for my canopy. it adds 2 actinic or 2 50/50 power compacts to my canopy for a total of 186w with the metal halide. was wondering what you...