Recent content by new2sea

1. N

cal. i think is low

yes thats what im hoping to do just stabilize.cal. has always been low around 360 do a water change and than it goes up to 380 and drops back down to 360. So thats the only reason for dosing with fusion two part.I like things to be as natural as they can be.Just new to salt water game.I know my...
  2. N

cal. i think is low

I was reluctant on doing anything and yes i did water change was the first thing. Everybody in tank looks well no stress.And doing water test to keepan eye on it. Thanks again for help
  3. N

cal. i think is low

been dosing with reef fusion and have brought my cal. up to 420 nd have droped my dkh down to 9. Have keep an eye on it and see if it stables out.These are my goal numbers to keep.Really need to get a mag.test kit .Thanks for addvice and will keep testing an let all know how i make out .
  4. N

cal. i think is low

Thank you, Pat I knew i was in the ballpark but yes need to get that stable.New to this thus the name.Thanks again and well update with results.and will bookmark chart
  5. N

cal. i think is low

Hello,have a question to ask. Did water test and my cal. is at 380 and my dkh is at12.Dosed one time with reef fusion 1&2. after i dosed.i was wondering if i could dose just part 1 and back off part 2 till my cal. comes up.I have fish and corals,And what is a good number for dkh.Read alot...
  6. N

new 2sea

Thanks will do
  7. N

new 2sea

any thoughts on LEDs. Is there a scale of how much light one needs.And if sps and lps and corals in general need to grow well.
  8. N

new 2sea

Not sure open any help i have a 75gal not sure how much light i need need help
  9. N

new 2sea

Thanks, the cc will be fine.The tank started out freshwater and 2 weeks later my wife said how about a saltwater tank.Wow just got it set up and then breaken it down.Talked to great guy at fish store and he had us start old school.no live rock or live sand just cycle it.We have a 75 gal tank...
  10. N

new 2sea

I was going to leave the cc in just clear the middle out by pushing the cc to the out side edge and just do sand in the that spot to do corals SPS . But now thinking just leave well enough alone. The tank is running great dont want to crazy that up.maybe just thinking to much into it.I was set...
  11. N

new 2sea

Thank you all for the welcome will be putting up pics. But please do not laugh i m just getting started. And will be looking for alot of advice
  12. N

new 2sea

Iam new to salt water always had freshwater so my wife and i started a saltwater tank with great turn out we have added fish few at a time. Now i am looking at starting reef with the fish.Got a few live rock and one polyp. Have CC on bottom of tank and now thinking i may have to change to a...