Recent content by mtamorrow

1. M

Where are all the reefers

I always think there are 3 kinda of people. Those who make things happen. Those who watch things happen. And those who wonder what happened! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. M

Choking Pipefish

Morrow is my last name. Mta is first initial of me, my wife, and our daughter. It’s all about family. I may have to add a letter now for my son in law and grand daughter. But if I do it for them, my mom may want in on it too. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. M

Choking Pipefish

Paul B. FWIW, I thoroughly enjoy all of your posts, everywhere you post them. I mostly appreciate your approach to life and all things in it, including reef tanks and super models (I am married to one as well). I wish you the best with your move. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. M

180 watt maxspect razor

Thanks DaveK I will remember that when I start planning out my next tank. I didn't quite understand it that way. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. M

180 watt maxspect razor

You are absolutely right DaveK. This is my 1st attempt at reefing and if could restart, I would be smarter. I'm 14 months into it now and am looking to go bigger and not spend much more on this current tank. About the light I have. I like it because corals and nems are growing and doing well...
  6. M

180 watt maxspect razor

Here is my IM30L under a maxspect razor Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. M

180 watt maxspect razor

Let's see here. 6 posts. Per profile they "live in the ocean", and they are 105 yrs old. I would agree credibility is an issue! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. M

HELP! dinoflagellates??

I have been battling Dino's as well. I am 10 days past my second, 3 day blackout and I am seeing some return again. I have a 30 gallon long, innovative marine. Salinity 1.025. Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, phosphates all 0. Alk, ca, and mg all in range. I have no idea what to do next Sent from my...
  9. M

possible dinnoflagellates problem ???

Thanks for posing all of this. I did a 3 day blackout as well, along with scrubbing and filtering. I may need to repeat the process and use peroxide as well Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. M

HELP! Red Sea Refractometer Calibration

I have to calibrate my Red Sea refractometer every week when I do my water change. Very disappointed. Have a generic brand that has only been calibrated once and is spot on. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. M

semi-aggressive or peaceful tank?

Thanks......I wont say how many times I moved pieces around.......I wanted to have a great environment for the fish, inverts, and corals........I really want it all to do well.
  12. M

I have a blue chromis (1 1/4" long), a purple firefish (1 1/2 long), and a high fin red banded goby. The chromis has been in for about 2 weeks and I got him just to have something in the tank for food and waste purpose, but he has grown on us so we are going to keep him. he just swims laps up...
  13. M

sorry about that.....it's 30 gallons, 36" long. The model is called a 30L (30 gallon, long) Anyway I have decided to go peaceful. Thanks for your input and helping. The tank does come with a mesh top / cover.
  14. M

mtamorrow IM fusion 30L....1st time reefer tank build

Work has been keeping me very busy (shipping to customers for xmas), but I have got my tank up and running and cycled as of yesterday. Doing a 40%-50% water change tomorrow. I started with 30lbs reef cleaners rock and 20-25lbs caribsea special grade sand (dry / rinsed). Dosed with ammonia and...
  15. M

Thanks DaveK, I appreciate your experience and advice, I will be going peaceful, adding 1 at a time, over time. I will start a build thread and would appreciate you and everyone else following along and offering up advice. Thanks again