Recent content by mps9506

1. mps9506

Freebies for p/u only

:coffee2: howdy al :D It's been busy down at the coast to say the least...
  2. mps9506

Freebies for p/u only

Hey guys got some stuff for free if you can come pick up, I can add photo's later if needed. I am located in Wilmington, NC. I won't ship right now, if the stuff is still hanging on I will consider shipping. 55 gallon aquarium: It's been sitting outside for almost a year, so I won't guarantee...
  3. mps9506

New TWIN ARC BULBS

I sometimes questions if people have ever laid the spectral plot of a good 10k bulb over top of a good 20k bulb. Try it sometime. The peaks in the lower wavelengths are very similar. 20k bulbs won't nec. give your corals better color, they appear better under 20k because they aren't saturated in...
  4. mps9506

Coming Soon, Billyr98's 90g tank!! He's BACK!!!

Great to see ya back Billy!
  5. mps9506

New TWIN ARC BULBS

I'm simply trying to grasp the benefit of this? If the 20k source and 10k source could be run at the same time I would understand as you are getting two entirely different spectrums. But having one switch off and waiting a few minutes for the other too switch on kinda seems pointless to me.
  6. mps9506

acrylic rods

Plastic Tanks, Plastic Buckets, Plastic Bottles, Labware, Plastic Tubing, PVC Pipe, Plastic Sheet - United States Plastic Corporation ®
  7. mps9506

Coral categorization Family >> Genus >> species

I can't provide a current example, but if you are familiar with the old Whelks/aims project, you could search coral information not only by looking for a specific genus species listing, but you could drill down your search by answering questions on what type of coral you were looking for. Starts...
  8. mps9506

Coral categorization Family >> Genus >> species

Keep in mind species identification, especially in Acropora is a flawed process in the hobby. Although I appreciate people trying to id corals out of curiosity to the species, in most cases the species identification is a stab in the dark and most phylogentic characters will change due to...
  9. mps9506

MACNA XXII ~ 2010 - Orlando!

I think I'll try to make this one. Most likely Friday night through Sunday again.
  10. mps9506

acclimating snails shipped dry?

+1 Snails, zoas even sps can by shipped this way. It makes acclimating easy, and supposedly a higher survival rate. I had never heard of rinsing with fresh water though...
  11. mps9506

MACNA XXII ~ 2010 - Orlando!

Al, there are super cheap flights to Orlando outta Charlotte.
  12. mps9506

Avoid Aquacon.com at ALL cost!!

I have to say they have a notoriously bad rep on the online community already regarding customer service. I have never planned on spending a dime there. Plenty of other places that go outta their way to make sure the customer is happy that are just as inexpensive as aquacon.
  13. mps9506

Elos 120XL Journey

looks great!
  14. mps9506

Photo Contest Sponsors

bumpity bump