Recent content by mempho reefer

1. mempho reefer

How should I frag this coral?

It should break pretty easily with the tap of a rock or you should even be able to break pieces off by hand. Start around the edges and the base should stay attached to the rock it's on so you still have some to regenerate from its original location.
  2. mempho reefer

help!! anemone!!

The Nova Slr T-5 fixture is fine but if those are the bulbs that came with it you need to change them out. The stock bulbs aren't very good and just don't produce the PAR required by an anenome. I suggest ATI, Geisman, or UVL bulbs.
  3. mempho reefer

Help any idea's what this is ???

+1 on the cup coral. I had one that hitch hiked its way into my tank. It has about six heads now. A great addition to the tank. I target feed about once a week.
  4. mempho reefer

Aqua Vim

Thanks Frankie. Can hardly wait to get started and my first build thread!!!!
  5. mempho reefer

Aqua Vim

Thanks Frankie. After reading that I feel assured. Looks like we'll be doing business. Here's the tank I'm ordering.
  6. mempho reefer

Aqua Vim

I'm a glass tank fan too Frankie. I'm looking at the half circle tank and stand. Local LFS says they can only get a bowfront or corner tank. Aqua Vim's price for the one I want is cheaper even with delivery. I called them this morning and they sounded legit. But the deal is so good that it...
  7. mempho reefer

Aqua Vim

Anybody have any expecience with ordering a tank from Agua Vim in NYC? Found a great deal on a reef ready tank on their website. Thinking about buying from them. Just want to make sure it's a reputable dealer.
  8. mempho reefer

Coral Health

Majano! They will survive the apocalypse. Kill it now before they take over your tank.
  9. mempho reefer

High nitrates, lot of algae

Good point Al. If the current/stream going through the rock is not sufficienct and if the bio load is high then a build up will likely occur. Also, a more porous rock rubble like Fiji would be best. I later read where he r2 said that he cleans the sponges regularly. Didn't catch that the...
  10. mempho reefer

High nitrates, lot of algae

There are a couple of other things you should address here. You should remove as much algae by hand as possible and then do about a 25% water change. Your 0 ppm phosphate level is due to the algae using up the phosphate in the water column thus the false reading. Even though the sponges in...
  11. mempho reefer

New Shots Of My Tank

Thanks Al. Things are tight in the tank now. Gonna have to move up to a bigger one.
  12. mempho reefer

What is this

Looks like majano anenome
  13. mempho reefer

New Shots Of My Tank

And just a couple more.
  14. mempho reefer

New Shots Of My Tank

Here's a few more.
  15. mempho reefer

New Shots Of My Tank

Here are some shots I just took of my tank. I hope you all enjoy them.