Recent content by melvis

1. M

Caulerpa problem in DT

LFS sold the last lawnmower he had earlier in the day, but hey ho. I’ll wait and see how the tuxedo goes but he seems off to a good start.
  2. M

Caulerpa problem in DT

Thanks Pancho Wow is one way of putting it lol, although I think my words began with F!!! I did think about Vibrant, but wasn't sure - might have to research a bit more on that. Just picked up a Tux urchin and some turbos from my LFS this morning, so hopefully the former will help. Weekly...
  3. M

Caulerpa problem in DT

Hi guys Seem to have somehow introduced caulerpa into my system, no idea how though. Been researching types and seems like it could be lentillifera due to it’s structure. Does anybody know how I can rid the tank of it? I’m currently manually pulling it out but it regrows fast and really is a...
  4. M

HELP! Steve's LEDs acting strange

Hallelujah! We’re back up and running. The thermal paste turned up about an hour ago and it’s all been swapped over and the lights are finally bright once again lol. But, and don’t you just hate them...I still can’t get the Typhon controller to work as it once did. All seems ok on the actual...
  5. M

I’ve reached out again but their turnaround time for responses can be 3-5 days, which I guess is normal. I didn’t realise it was needed or I’d have ordered some from them at the same time - thinking about it now though, through conversations with them over a solution to my problem, I would have...
  6. M

So the saga with these LEDS rumbles on. I did post something in my tank thread and another post but they seem to have disappeared when the site had issues a few weeks back. Basically, the driver board packed up and only one array of LEDS worked. After much deliberation and cursing, I ordered a...
  7. M

Had a look at the connections, and they seem tight so really unsure Jeff as to what could be wrong?
  8. M

Martin's RSM C-130 Rebuild

Still no luck sorting the lights out, the connections seem tight so I'm at a loss as to what to do now!!! That said, diatoms are covering rock and sand so based on their appearance, it looks like I could be cycled. Some tests would suggest the same, as nitrates are at 0, nitrates at 10 (did...
  9. M

New wet side in today and much quieter than before. Having an issue with my Steve’s LEDs conversion, as per my help post but I think I’ve narrowed issue down to the wiring in the extension plug that goes into the Typhoon Controller. Will be checking this out at next opportunity and finding a fix.
  10. M

Thanks Jeff. Sadly it didn’t work, but I think I’ve worked it out - the connectors appear loose. I had the controller in my hand after switching the lead round and when I moved, the lights changed to a more blue shade, and then back when moving position back again. The controller is counting...
  11. M

Hi all As documented in my reef thread, I've undergone a rebuild on the C130 having moved and sadly needed to replace both the stock pump and the wet side of my MP10 - and I thought they were the only casualties but my LEDs seem to be acting weird. I've got the Typhoon Controller programmed as...
  12. M

Looks like I'm not that lucky...the magnet casing in the wet side has come away from the seal so the magnet is exposed - don't fancy leaving it like that and poisoning the tank so ordered a new wet side - putting down as another Christmas present for myself lol.
  13. M

That's a good point Dave, and really what I was trying to do this time. I wanted something a bit more than just the clowns I had and the gramma, and had always wanted a yellow tang but tank way too small so I thought a lemon peel would be a good substitute lol. I'm still looking at options as I...
  14. M

Very true Dave and I you’re right, one pump in five years isn’t bad. The vortech is clattering a bit but I’m hoping that calms down after a while of running again...like when it was new. I did source a new Red Sea pump, part of an upgrade for the 130d so it’ll drop in without too much stress...
  15. M

Thanks for the advice Dave - as you may have seen I chose not to be so drastic and give the rocks a chance to come back to life. So much so, that I just had a long awaited delivery of my NSW so the tank is officially wet again!!!! Only problem is, the Vortech is clattering like mad and the...