Recent content by Melanie

1. Melanie

Here We Go Again!

Drew, thank you for your beautiful hello. First, let me say, I'm still happily reefing. My tank is doing well. I lost one fish and one coral due for unknown reasons. Second, I got a kind note from my friend BigAl asking how I was. I wrote back to him with the reply I'm pasting below...
  2. Melanie

A 55G link in the Golden Chain

Great tip octoman! Love following along your thread as usual Jeff.
  3. Melanie

Brittle in a 'fuge?

Are you sure it's a brittle star and not a serpent star? I have tons of serpent stars living in my LR and to my knowledge, they never leave. They seem to survive on whatever food floats by. I think you are safe putting the rock in either the fuge or display.
  4. Melanie

Cat's Healing Gift

I'm so happy this thread was back on the main page last night because I hadn't seen it before. I love your candor and humor.
  5. Melanie

My 1st coral but cant remember what its called.

I agree as well. Looks like a Blasto. Mine didn't fare too well. Hope yours do better. I would disagree with the LFS that they are hardy/beginner corals. I think zoanthids, mushrooms, and xenia are much easier/hardy.
  6. Melanie

OT Well meant Christmas gifts,

My oh my! Hysterical. My dog only rolls in dead things and poop.
  7. Melanie

Things that make you go... hmmm

Dentoid, your memory is INCREDIBLE! How do you do it?
  8. Melanie

I found it!

ooooooo pretty.
  9. Melanie

Scratches

My husband tells me that I have to empty it and use rubbing compound. I thought maybe super fine grit sandpaper but he tells me that will only scratch it worse.
  10. Melanie

Can YOU ID this MONSTER??!!

I agree that it looks like a sea cucumber and they are good for stirring up the sand bed and eating detritus. Just keep your eye on it that it doesn't get caught in a power head or overflow and die.
  11. Melanie

Cycling!

Ditto to Jason. Plus unless you LOVE damsels, don't put one in at all because they can be aggressive and hard to get out later.
  12. Melanie

Thank you all

So sorry to hear that Ron! I know it is a challenging (and expensive) hobby that isn't for everyone. You will be missed!!
  13. Melanie

Is this forum Dead?

Seriously, Wit..... xoxoxox No matter what color I die my hair, I'm always blonde on the inside. Like the time the battery died in my Sonicare Elite toothbrush and I was in a panic because I couldn't brush my teeth! Then I remembered you can still brush your teeth even if it's not buzzing...
  14. Melanie

psudo go bye bye

Ok, I seriously don't know how I missed this. You made me belly laugh. And tell my six line to get his butt home.
  15. Melanie

Whats living in my torch coral??

Nope Jeff, I can't claim credit for that photo of a barnacle. I can't get pics of mine either.