Recent content by MatthewM

1. M

Matts biocube

It's been a while since I posted here, but figured I'd update...I did end up shutting down. As spring came around things started to warm up and the tank was holding around 90f during the day. It wasn't even that hot outside yet, but I'm in an apartment and it tends to stay on the warm side year...
  2. M

Fire shrimp and some snails

I am shutting down for a bit. Going to be selling my condo and want the tank out of here while it's listed. The only livestock in the tank is a fire shrimp and assorted snails. It's free to whoever wants it. Pickup is in NW suburban Chicago. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. M

Matts biocube

Wow! Tons of information! Thanks. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  4. M

Matts biocube

Well, it died today. So I guess that was it. I suppose I'll leave it fallow for a couple months with just the cleanup crew and decide then whether to try again. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. M

Matts biocube

This one might be a little better Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. M

Matts biocube

So I left the tank fish less for a few days and replaced the clown with a six line wrasse on Sunday. It is being very aggressive towards my fire shrimp...but not the point of this update. I think I may have figured out the problem with the other fish. After a few days, some white spots have...
  7. M

Matts biocube

Interesting, thanks! Maybe it was just stress from something else. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  8. M

Matts biocube

It's been a while, but figured I should update this...things were going pretty well, cuc was in along with a fire shrimp, followed by a clown fish a few weeks after. When I added the cleanup crew there was no algae at all, but after I added the fish, I got brown algea and some green hair, likely...
  9. M

Matts biocube

Started the tank up just over 3 weeks ago and ammonia and nitrite both dropped to 0 yesterday. Everything looks good, will head to the store tomorrow and get some cleanup crew. Thinking just a few snails and maybe a shrimp at the point. I cannot see any algae at all though, so I suppose I will...
  10. M

Matts biocube

Thanks! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. M

Matts biocube

So I figured I might as well start this out. I have never had a tank before, but this looked interesting so figured I'd jump in. So far I have all the equipment I plan to use at the moment, it's a 29g biocube, I got the intank media rack and CPE and purigen for that. 22lbs of reefrock, and a...
  12. M

Cured live rock

I will get pictures and all that when I get back and get everything going! At the moment it's pretty much a stack of stuff in the corner.
  13. M

Cured live rock

Yes, pretty much letting it dry. I ordered it from BRS before, so could just order more of the same or maybe a lfs as it won't be that much. Thanks!
  14. M

Cured live rock

So I am new to this whole thing, I had a question... I ordered all the equipment and everything to set up a new tank (29g biocube) and a couple days later was informed I would be traveling on business for the next 3-4 months. I had some time though, so I started curing my live rock. That step...