Recent content by MatroxD

1. MatroxD

MatroxD mad 180 build thread..

Mmnnn.. It's been a little bit since I posted. My system has gone through a few rough changes, and I've learned a few things.. <br /> <br /> First, to basically, for me, never try switching salts, no matter the circumstance.. <br /> <br /> I also had a pretty rough and bad bought of ich that...
  2. MatroxD

Thanks much! It's gone through some changes because I tried to switch switch salts.. But I'm trying to work through it.. I lost three fish in the tub.. But hopefully it come back.. From note 5.. rip note 7
  3. MatroxD

HELP! Nitrates/Phosphates/biopellets/GFO/NOPOX/Neonitro

Typically, pellets should take care of your Nitrates.. Your pellets probably haven't broken in yet.. What I would suggest, versus adding another carbon source such as the nopox, is to add a bacterial inoculation source.. I've used mb7, zeobak, and Dr tims.. But I normally use zeobak to jump...
  4. MatroxD

Quick updated picture.. I haven't taken any in a while.. It is slowly starting to form up.. From note 5.. rip note 7
  5. MatroxD

Thank you much.. from note 7
  6. MatroxD

Updated growth.. Not a ton.. But everything is still alive.. from note 7
  7. MatroxD

New cheato light review..

Thank you much.. I appreciate it.. from note 7
  8. MatroxD

New cheato light review..

This is my new cheato light, along with my very first video review.. I am looking forward to what it can do.. from note 7
  9. MatroxD

Mayja's RSR 450 Reef Adventure!

Congrats, congrats, congrats to you both! from note 7
  10. MatroxD

Thank you, I appreciate it... from note 7
  11. MatroxD

Thanks dude.. I'm still working on and with it.. And I'm sure thou will be good with yours.. from note 7
  12. MatroxD

I haven't posted in a bit.. been extremely busy.. But I took a quick vid to experiment with my new phone. I still need to learn to use it better, as the video faded in and out of blue. But not to shabby for my first time ever using it.. from note 7
  13. MatroxD

Food for Maxima Clam

I don't feed mine anything.. I never have.. Even past clams I have owned.. I'm sure as they are filter feeders, they take in some form of microscopic animals. But clams are(seem in my experience) pretty easy. As long as you get them in a spot, they are able to anchor, and get plenty of light...
  14. MatroxD

A bit of a revisit.. I decided to build a little scrubber.. In a week I will see how it progresses.. Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
  15. MatroxD

Thank you shark.. Things look a little rough right now but I'm giving it time. I'm making a few changes to the system since I can, and also an experiment. I'm going to try another algea scrubber. I wanted to do a slanted design, but alas, I just will try a vertical with my overpowered fuge...