Recent content by macor64

1. macor64

what is it?

i noticed that one a couple of my coral have, what appears to be clauvaria (spelling?) overgrowing it. here's a picture of one of them: Does anyone know how to get rid of this overgrowth? It's not ugly, but it'll become a problem for my other coral
  2. macor64

Macor's RSM 250 build

it's pretty...but not all over other coral. how do i get rid of it?
  3. macor64

Macor's RSM 250 build

I've noticed some growth on one of my corals that I can't identify and it seems to be growing over some of the polyps: Any ideas what it is and how to get rid of it?
  4. macor64

Macor's RSM 250 build

Yes he is a starry blenny and after some initial aggression from Luna the tang, things have settled down. Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
  5. macor64

Macor's RSM 250 build

I've also added Lenny the Blenny :) who likes to hang around :)
  6. macor64

Macor's RSM 250 build

been a while since I posted. been busy with high graduations and vacation. But here are the latest additions: and
  7. macor64

Macor's RSM 250 build

thinking about a tankmate for my yellow tang and pair of clowns. Any suggestions? I really like the flame angel, but I've read that they nip at coral and I don't want that. Goby's seem to be a safe choice.
  8. macor64

Macor's RSM 250 build

I think I've got the tank stable again. the other coral appear to be doing OK a couple of weeks after the BJD issue that claimed some victims. A friend has offered some beauties from his tank. But before I accept, does anyone know what this one is?
  9. macor64

Macor's RSM 250 build

unfortunately, it looks like it is BJD...the torch is almost completely gone. Gonna remove it and start looking up options to "cure" my tank of what may still be in it. I did a 25% water change after removing the torch tonight. On the positive side, a co-worker happen to see pictures of my tank...
  10. macor64

Macor's RSM 250 build

very informative...thanks Glenn
  11. macor64

Macor's RSM 250 build

after losing my hammer...I started watching my torch closely and, darn it, it's exhibiting some of the same signs as the hammer did. some brown polyps showed signs of decaying...and I'm concerned that this one may be heading the same way the hammer did :( in this picture it may be hard to tell...
  12. macor64

looks like a shrimp, but is it?

Thanks guys... Gotta a bunch of these running around and, man....they are pretty fast !!
  13. macor64

looks like a shrimp, but is it?

Hey all, Trying to identify this little critter: Hopefully, it's not a problem critter, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  14. macor64

Macor's RSM 250 build

Lost my hammer coral :( never really saw it, but I wonder if my tang was nipping at it because it was near it's "territory"? Lesson learned. In the meantime, the lobed brain is still one of my favorites and really opens up to feed :)
  15. macor64

Macor's RSM 250 build

also been noticing my tang being aggressive towards the clownfish.