Recent content by Little_Smudge

1. Little_Smudge

Little smudgers first marine tank - Fluval M90

Yes the one that I allowed to jump was the female. Approx 50% larger than the younger male. I’ve been reading up a fair bit since my disastrous New Year’s Day and I think my best option will be to go for a larger clown and known female within the aquariums at the LFS. This way my current male...
  2. Little_Smudge

Well the year has not started so well - I knew my female clown was a jumper and always put a cover over the top when I turned my lights to blue. This evening, with the new light system not needing to turn them off, I neglected to remember to put the cover on. I’ve just come up and found the...
  3. Little_Smudge

SPR that’s brilliant thank you very much. I think I may need to change the gooseneck bracket as it’s very forward in the aquarium . The only other issue I can see so far is that I have dark areas now in the corners of the aquarium and I’m staring to wonder if one is enough to cover the length...
  4. Little_Smudge

Ahh thanks Pat I will do for sure. Hope you and yours have had a good Xmas
  5. Little_Smudge

Hey all, Firstly I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas period Now as I’ve been a good boy all year, Santa behave me some new lighting haha. I now have the Hydra HD26 which is the kind of lighting I’ve been looking at to improve my set up and coral growth. I’ve not set these up on the...
  6. Little_Smudge

HELP! Snail identification

Thank you mate - they are they kind of ones I was looking at the other day, but wasn’t sure as it’s so small. I’ll keep an eye on it and gets some more photos as it gets bigger. Thank you again for your response
  7. Little_Smudge

Managed to get some better photos - been looking online but can’t find anything
  8. Little_Smudge

40g, or more?

Hi Polly, I set up my first Reef aquarium about 7 months ago and decided I didn’t want to go too big from the getgo. I bought a 135 ltr (about 30 gallon) aquarium with built in sump and all the equipment to get started. As it’s a smaller aquarium, it’s easy (as a beginner) to overstock, as I...
  9. Little_Smudge

A few photos a month on since my last lot. Additions Mimic filefish - lovely fish with a great personality. Gets on well with all other fish in the tank and has become very tame. He holds onto a little hook with his mouth at night, when he sleeps. No issues with him pecking at any corals...
  10. Little_Smudge

HELP! Black spots on clown

Hey uncle99 They seem to be disappearing - I would say there are maybe 6-7 left on one side and 2-3 on the other, so much better than it was. Still not entirely sure what it was but it seemed to start clearing up when I got rid of the aiptasia. I bought a new addition to the tank and he/she...
  11. Little_Smudge

Yep brilliant I’m keeping a log of what’s its doing etc etc and trying to get a better photo So far it spends a lot of time on the living rock near a small patch of green algae, prior to that he was on the sandbed just walking around.
  12. Little_Smudge

Yep I’ve had plenty since the tank was established. Never seen this little fella before though. I’m currently having a search for the Welch as you suggested. The shell is a beautiful shell, very simpler to the ones you find on beaches and can buy in shops, just very much smaller haha
  13. Little_Smudge

Great thank you I will search that specific snail species. Not entirely sure where the living rock came from originally and I’ve not put any new rock in for about 2 months.
  14. Little_Smudge

Hey all, So I spotted this rather elegant looking snail in my Reef aquarium, however it looked through the forums and been online and just can’t seem to nail down an identification. It’s only small, maybe 10mm in length and spends most time on the living rock. Here is a photo Thanks in...
  15. Little_Smudge

HELP! Weird uninvited creature!

I’m far from an expert as I also ask lots of questions on these forums and get sone very good responses and help ( as above you’ve received from uncle99) Looking at the photo it may be some kind of feather worm or even a young cucumber - I’m just having a guess, as I have a young yellow...