Recent content by legazya

1. legazya

Nobby's S-650

http://www.tfhmagazine.com/details/articles/dottybackschoose-carefully.htm
  2. legazya

Nobby's S-650

I never thought that the aquarium hobby would make neccesary studying plumbery and the differences between metric and imperial measurements. I don't know if this will be of any help, but in my S400, the pump was one of the old ones (PJ Max-flo 7500 100 w), which has an outlet diameter of 32 mm...
  3. legazya

Nobby's S-650

Waiting to hear your impressions on the installation of the new pump!
  4. legazya

RSM 400 main return pump swap

Thank you all. Yes, I was looking for silence. My pump was one of the old models with a base plastic base with suckers that wasn't very helpful to reduce vibrations. Then I took it out and have been using a foam under the pump attached with elastic bands. Better, but anyway, it's been running...
  5. legazya

RSM 400 main return pump swap

After chanching some years ago the original skimmer for a Bubble King mini 180 (and making good use of that outlet derivation for a biopellets reactor), I was now thinking of changing the main return pump for a more silent one. What had been your experiences in this issue? I had thought that...
  6. legazya

Acanthurus pyroferus adult appearance

Anyone knows the adult appearance of that fish, Mimic Tang, var. "half black"? There seems to be very different coloration in the photographs I have found. There are two main clear young patterns in the commerce: "half black" and "lemon peel" depending on the species it imitates, but are all the...
  7. legazya

Spanish RSM 400

Thanks by your commentaries. Yes, I know it's a bit early for the synchiropus, but I couldn't avoid it. After one month in the tank it seems quite well and is really beautiful. We will see. By the way, I was considering to add one or two more fishes. What do you think about one Acanthurus...
  8. legazya

Spanish RSM 400

After six months working, this begins to look as I hoped when started. Present population in the tank is as follows: Corals: - Zoanthus - Ricordea - Seriatopora caliendrum - Euphyllia ancora - Montipora digitata - Favites sp. roja - Scleronephthya sp. - Seriatopora caliendrum...
  9. legazya

Another unexpected guest

Yes!!!, that is. Thank you Devin, for your quick and accurate answer. After a little research, I see it is Tethya wilhelma, and that it is a pretty interesting animal (Movement without Muscles). But, any trouble with it in the aquarium?
  10. legazya

Another unexpected guest

[/IMG] Any idea about this small, round. white thing, of about 1 cm diameter?
  11. legazya

Phil's new RSM 500

Looks very good, maybe a bit excess of LR, indeed, but it depends on what kind of tank you are going to keep. I can't be of much help with the skimmer issue because of my own problems with it. Anyway, things are going better if you keep controlled the water level in the sump, and also, if don't...
  12. legazya

Spanish RSM 400

Hello phf, appreciate your kind comments. There are now about 40 kgs of live rock and I think it's enough, as nowdays the trend line is for less rock and more free space for fishes and invertebrates, and seems that aquarium filtration is moving to the biopellet reducing of nitrates and...
  13. legazya

Dave's RSM 500

The tube in the picture isn't going back to the sump, as it is closed with a cap of a tire vale. Shoddy trick, but works.
  14. legazya

Jeff's RSM 400

I was told to place it only on the main down flow pipe. The white stuff is filter floss on top of the carbon placed following David's advices. It's useful, but a bit excesive after installing the sock, and you should change it daily. Anyway, it has better access than the sock which is annoying...
  15. legazya

Jeff's RSM 400

Initially I used one of those brackets, but later realized that wasn't necessary, as the plastic ring at the top fits in the space between the down pipe and the back of the sump. It doesn't go anywhere. [/IMG]