Recent content by lbiminiblue

1. lbiminiblue

Everything I know before I go Senile (From 2014)

NSW? I’ve been off the forums for too long? That stands for natural seawater? Right? I do that as well.
  2. lbiminiblue

Hosting multiple clowns in one coral

Hey all, I got two ocellaris clowns hosting a frogspawn for multiple years now. It’s really blown up in size, and I’m planning out a reef tank overhaul (120 gallons) for this summer. Was wondering what the logistics are of introducing one or more clowns to an already mated (I think?) pair. I...
  3. lbiminiblue

Fantastic Whiteworms

Paul another question for you, as you've always seemed to be the mandarin guru. My 120 is close to 4-5 years old, and has no copepod eaters in it right now. I've always toyed with the idea of a dragonet of sorts but hate the idea of not having everything it needs and having a dead one on my...
  4. lbiminiblue

Image Hosting

Hey guys, two year hiatus temporarily ended! What's the best way to embed photos here? Last I was around it was photobucket, but I don't know if there's anything easier or simpler - imgur maybe? Need to update that tank chronicle, it's been a minute.
  5. lbiminiblue

Fantastic Whiteworms

Impressive. What's the easiest way to find white worms to start breeding, short of buying them?
  6. lbiminiblue

Mandarin help

Paul! I remember you as being that Mandarin guru: quick question. Do you think aiptasia on the rocks would hurt a mandarin to the point of killing it? Thanks!
  7. lbiminiblue

Mandarin Dragonet?

Great points all. It's been a drawn out battle that I've slowly lost. I've gone through some of the motions - Aiptasia X, lemon juice, the works, but there's too many, and in some cases the AipX just seems to tickle them for a few hours before they puff up again. Right now I have a small...
  8. lbiminiblue

Mandarin Dragonet?

Hey guys! Been ages since I've last visited. The tank is doing well. The new LEDs have my frogspawn and other corals growing ridiculously fast, and my two clownfish are happy as can be. With summer coming up, I was looking at some new additions for the tank. Looking at my rocks and glass...
  9. lbiminiblue

HELP! The culprit found! (Help)

Perplexing. Maybe it's keeping the shells in the rock? How big is your tank? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
  10. lbiminiblue

Stephane, that sounds like a mantis. Pistol shrimp have pretty bad vision. Mantis shrimp eyes are much more noticeable as well. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
  11. lbiminiblue

She's dead JIm! She stayed still. A hermit crab found her in the refugium, and so the cycle continues. But now I know there's a male somewhere else in the tank. Can anyone ID that pistol shrimp? I want to know if I could pair it with a goby.
  12. lbiminiblue

Well, nothing yet. I think she's dead. Here's a photo anyways. Maybe you guys can ID her. Just glad to know it wasn't a psycho mantis which could kill my clowns. This pistol had coexisted with the clowns for a year or more. The cleaner shrimp and countless cleanup crewmates didn't have the...
  13. lbiminiblue

So I finally found the clicking. While doing a tank cleanup today, I pulled out the rock I always suspected of harboring a mantis. I dunked it in a black bin with freshwater, and waited. 4-5 minutes. I took out the rock and started pouring cold water into it, hoping to flush it out. Only...
  14. lbiminiblue

Tridacnid Clams

Thanks for the response This tank is actually the same one I've had for a while. I'm coming up on 4 years, the rocks and sand were stored in circulation while the tank was cleaned, so its got all the mature rock and sand. The LEDs are DM 165p+. I'm not sure where they rank on the high end...
  15. lbiminiblue

Blue's 120 Reef

Update. I've added mangroves and other Macros to my refugium, along with some native fiddler crabs. I added a few native oysters also, but will keep an eye on them if they start to die. I didn't really add the for filtering primarily, but more to simulate a Florida salt Marsh. The...