Recent content by Koda2007

1. K

Polyp extension

Hi, Have not been on for a while hope you dont mind me answering. By scroll coral are you refering to Turbinaria, if so I would not worry about the lack of polyp extension. I had the same problem and was told that you very rarely see polyp extension during the day ( dont know if this true but...
  2. K

Orange Monti Cap

Hi jake, just seen your thread. Monti's can be placed either way and they will grow. I recieved some Orange monti,s a few weeks ago and were mounted both ways and all appear to be doing well. I would think that you have probably done the right thing by placing the same way as LFs so as it is 1...
  3. K

Snake Polyp ( Isaurus tuberculata )

Thanks for reply Sebastian. Your input is very much appreciated. I May have to move them a little I placed them slightly shaded. Thanks for including your water params, very helpful
  4. K

Xenia sick HELP

:lol:
  5. K

Xenia sick HELP

Quite honestly from your picture I do not think you have anything to worry about. The polyps are still open and waving. Just keep an eye on it. As I said the odd few of mine have actually changed from white to brown bodies and then back again. At no point was there a problem with the parameters...
  6. K

Xenia sick HELP

Hi, How long have you had the xenia, what type is it. It looks like umbellata. If it is these xenia's sometimes can have a dark body. Mine have had dark bodies unfortunately I do not have a picture to show you. They are completely white at the moment. This picture is from coralscaping.com
  7. K

Urchins Breeding ( photo's )

Been called that a few times before, first time by an American though:lol:
  8. K

Urchins Breeding ( photo's )

This is the 3rd time in 1 1/2 months. First time to get it on camera.
  9. K

why?

When I was 9 at school and there was a book club where you could buy books. The only book I could afford was about tropical fish, so I bought it. Took it home and read it and read it. (still got 35 years later ) I pestered my parents for a tank and for my 11th birthday I got one. I bred fish...
  10. K

Cheers Witful, Any more advice would be appreciated, ie tank params ect. As mentioned cannot find very much info at all.
  11. K

Hi Does anyone have any info or experience with Snake Polyp ( Isaurus tuberculata ). Very little info on Internet other than related to zoa's/palyzoa's. Slow growing and require feeding. Any help / info greatly appreciated.
  12. K

Best and The Worst of Live Rock

Hi Goldenmean, Wait till you have had a whack off one they are not so cute then. I had a powerhead without filter on in back chamber of tank. ( no danger to fish ect ). Anyway flow decreased, so took pump out to clean. Looked up inside to see blockage, could not make out what it was. I placed...
  13. K

Best and The Worst of Live Rock

Just a bit of daft discussion, What is the best thing that you have got from your live rock and what is the worst. I am asking as I must be the unluckiest so an so. I must have 250kg + of live rock between my tanks and the best I have got off my rock is a few plain zoas, a few types of...
  14. K

BigAl: I bit the bullet and 2 "Blues" on the way!

wowwwwwwwww, I am bringing a hundred frags over and retiring, might have to make it 10,000 frags I need to pay for my hobby
  15. K

BigAl: I bit the bullet and 2 "Blues" on the way!

I have a reef with cespitularia, efflatounaria, bali and white pom pom and elongata I have never dosed Iodine. I do weekly 10 - 15% water changes. All xenias growing well with elongata obviouly the fastest, then pom pom, cepitularia and efflatounaria. Can I ask how much you pay for...