Recent content by Kirblit

1. Kirblit

In wall tank build advice/lessons learned

I agree. I'm going to try to have everything accessible in the sump and equipment and not design for certain size equipment so that it's more flexible in the future. It will be nice not having to work on equipment under a stand for a change. Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
  2. Kirblit

In wall tank build advice/lessons learned

I'm in the planning stages of doing a 300 gallon in wall tank and roughly 12x15 ft fish room in my basement. I'm looking for anyone that has an in wall tank or has had one in the past to give me their ideas and experiences no matter what size tank. Any pictures that you have available of your...
  3. Kirblit

my first tank

Looks like you have a great start! Just a thought I had when looking at your pictures though. Your returns are very low in the tank and could pose a flooding risk when power is turned off, I don't see any kind of siphon break. Make sure you have enough room in your sump to handle all the water...
  4. Kirblit

Want to by a Lumenarc SE MH pendant

Thanks. It's been a while since I have been on here. Getting back into the swing and planning an 8' tank. That's why I need the other pendant to match the other 3 Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
  5. Kirblit

Want to by a Lumenarc SE MH pendant

Was wondering if anyone has/knows anyone with a Lumenarc SE MH pendant that they would want to sell. I need the mini. 14.5" x 14.5" Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
  6. Kirblit

Female Mandarin

I think it's a male that may have been damaged in collection or shipping, but the fin isn't as "banner" like as my other male. My male's spine goes almost down to his tail and it's very big and obvious. I will post some pictures i got tonight of it when it's up a little, but I doubt I will...
  7. Kirblit

Female Mandarin

Psychedelic. That's what I thought too, that's why I didn't feel right when i had to question it at all, I thought it was a start difference between the two. Any chance anyone has one with the females dorsal erect?
  8. Kirblit

Female Mandarin

Does anyone have a good pic of a female mandarin? I have a large male that I have had for 2 years and I want to get a female. I got one that I thought was a female but I have my doubts now. I have it in a QT training it to eat prepared foods and have been watching it and it's got a small...
  9. Kirblit

Is this an anemone?????

Looks like a Mojo to me as well
  10. Kirblit

Kick-Ich

Very true, this is all too common with many people.
  11. IMG_2742_1_3_1

IMG_2742_1_3_1

12. Kirblit

Kick-Ich

If you are describing black spots, it's not ich, it Turbellarians. They are a worm parasite that is common on tangs, also referred to as black ich.
  13. Kirblit

Uronema Marinum

Thanks, I will watch him closely and investigate more into the necropsy of the other fish. When doing a QT process 10 weeks should be enough time that any pathogenic disease would have to show itself somehow right? I mean in a 20 gallon any parasite should multiply fast enough that you would...
  14. Kirblit

Uronema Marinum

Sorry Lee I have been a little busy, The blenny was purchased before the other fish died and they were in the same tank. The guy at the LFS is pretty good and has a lot of knowledge about marine fish, and freshwater fish. He was mentored by Lance Ichinotsubo and worked at Rainbow...
  15. Kirblit

Uronema Marinum

Lee, I just got a fish from an LFS that I trust completely in their disease diagnosis and treatment, but I always like a second, third,..... opinion on these things. He recently had a fish die in one of their QT tanks that they keep new fish in, and I bought a midas blenny out of it about 2...