Recent content by kimbertent

1. K

bristletooth tangs

thanks for replying cheeks69. anybody else have any experience??
  2. K

bristletooth tangs

i was thinking about buying a striped bristletooth (Ctenochaetus striatus) for my tank. i read on the "so you want a tang" thread that some tangs need sand to digest thier food. is this true for this type of bristletooth becuase i only have crushed coral? anyone have any experience with this or...
  3. K

DIY: sump/fuge questions

Well, I want to build and sump tank with refugium in it to replace my wet/dry filter. I was originally going to do it in a 20L(30x12x12) tank but it was too long and wouldnt slide into my stand. I wanted to do a basic desisn with three zones, Protein Skimmer->Refugium->Return pump..all of them...
  4. K

Which of these three small tanks are the best?

lcstorc how do you go about having them share water?
  5. K

white algea? white specs or tiny bubbles? please help

the live rock is a few years old. i got inherited the tank and the rock came with it however the water and the cc is new. it might still be cycling because it has only been up and running for about 7 weeks. so musicman if what you said is true. than how would i go about fixing the problem..is it...
  6. K

no it's white. the rock is like beige colored..the color of the algea is white. is brown diatom algea and red cyano algea bad? it is really really difficult to get the algea's straight. how do you know what is good and what is not. i have read books about them and it just seems so iffy. i...
  7. K

oh wow that is really nice dobejazz. i cannot decide whether I should get one or not. i am scared that it will be harder to maintain than a larger one. i think i might just wait and buy like a 40 gallon later. i already have a 72 and i have found this hobby to become very addicting. :-)
  8. My fighting conch

My fighting conch

9. K

dobejazz is that the only type of modification you had to make on it? what do you have in your nanocube?
  10. K

thanks ill try to get a pic tonight although i havent mastered the art of taking pictures of my tank unfortunatley
  11. K

I am quite new at this hobby and have two questions. My tank has been up and running for only about 7 weeks now. Recently though I have noticed white algea appearing in my tank. In one spot it seems like it is overtaking my purple algea. I was wondering what this means? If it is bad or if it is...
  12. K

Which of these three small tanks are the best? if other than please name what kind. thanks
  13. K

Aiptasia????

how do u tell the difference between aptasia and hydroids. they look very similar to me. and are both harmful to the aquarium?
  14. K

Aiptasia????

i probably sound like a newbie but what is an aiptasia? (i just started a saltwater tank 2 weeks ago)