Recent content by jrh4711

1. jrh4711

PFO MH Ballasts Choices

Is there any advantages or disadvantages to the 2 end bulbs or the socket type?
  2. jrh4711

PFO MH Ballasts Choices

Is this is an electronic ballast? 2x250 PFO Ballast Assembly FEATURES:. Tar style ballast (core and coil design). 120V 6' supply cord for each ballast. Extruded aluminum heat sink enclosure for maximum heat dissipation. Each ballast can be controlled by independent timers. Each ballast has...
  3. jrh4711

PFO MH Ballasts Choices

Which one is the electronic ballast?????
  4. jrh4711

PFO MH Ballasts Choices

do you have to run any suplimental lighting with that setup?
  5. jrh4711

PFO MH Ballasts Choices

I am having trouble picking a MH system. I am looking at the four types of ballasts. Three are from Champion Lighting the fourth is from Marine Depot. I would like to understand the differance between the four ballasts are. I want to run 2 250w PFO Mini Pendants with 20,000 bulbs...
  6. jrh4711

Large HOB Fuge with light

Did you dell the fuge yet? If not what are the exact dimensions? Thanks
  7. jrh4711

New and looking to learn

Hello and welcome to the best group of people I have found online Before you start buying equipment. Be sure to take the time to read the beginners guide. I did not find this site until the LFS sold me equipment I did not need. Search the forums for equipment, what each piece does...
  8. jrh4711

Pods?

Thanks again to everyone. Where do you get pods to start the pod colony in the fuge? I plan on getting 100 lbs. of live rock and about 50 lbs of live sand. Will there be enough on the live rock to start a colony? 20 to 30 gallon sump. For the skimmer fuge return pump. I am not...
  9. jrh4711

Pods?

Thank you all. Does the fuge need to be seeded with these pods? What kind of plants do they like in the fuge? Cheato? Do the plants and pods need a sand or mud base? :stars:
  10. jrh4711

Pods?

Thank you for the help. Alright I understand what they are now.:hammerhea But what about: What do they eat? What eats them? Where do they live? Where do you get them?
  11. jrh4711

Pods?

Okay, I have to ask being that I am not the sharpest kid in the class.:dummy: What is a Pod? What do they eat? What eats them? Where do they live? What are the benefits to them? What are the downfalls to them? I am looking for a 30 gallon sump/fuge for a 75 gallon reef...
  12. jrh4711

octopus skimmers?

Has anyone had any experiance with this brand? Are thay comparable to ASM's? Any info would be apreciated. Thanks, :dunno:
  13. jrh4711

Looking for a vendor that was at the IMAC

I was at the IMAC in Chicago earlier this year and I saw a vendor that made needle wheels for any pump. The booth had a display with a large pump recirculating water in a small tank the pump was putting out tons of micro bubbles. I am still shopping skimmer for the 75 gallon tank and...
  14. jrh4711

Filter Socks

I am having a bit of trouble finding filter socks and need help and advice. First what size micron for filtering before the skimmer? Second where can I get them?
  15. jrh4711

75 gal plumbing

Just a few more questions for everyone. I have been having trouble finding filter socks where can I get them? I am assuming there are diffrent mesh sizes what size is appropriate for a 75 gallon FOWLR? Should I turn the sump into a refugium? What do you put in a refugium?